21st May 2022, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Diploma to BCom lateral entry?

My age is 36 I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering can I join lateral entry to bcom degree course.

24th May 2022, 12:33 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Diploma to BCom lateral entry?

Yes. After completion of the diploma, you are eligible to do BCom courses where you can get admission through lateral entry. This also saves a year in the degree program. Getting a degree following a diploma improves your job prospects significantly.
24th May 2022, 07:07 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, almost all the colleges offer you lateral admission after you have finished your diploma. There are some of the universities which conducts entrance examination for the lateral entry candidates and some of the universities allot colleges through counseling which can be done as per their marks in diploma.
25th May 2022, 10:20 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

If you are a diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering then BTech lateral entry mechanical engineering is a good option for you. BTech lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering is a 3-year course that is designed for diploma holders in mechanical engineering. This course gives diploma holders admission directly in 2 years of the curriculum as they have studied the first year of the diploma.

For Bcom you can take admission as the minimum requirement for this course is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in commerce stream from a recognized board. Since you are an engineering diploma holder so you can join the 2nd year of BTech in the same branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?