18th June 2023, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I get into Gyneacology field after graduation?

Hello sir...am graduated in BSc(cs,maths,phy) but now I want to go in gynecology field... can I go in this field directly or I hav to do some course or diploma??...plz help me out asap....

21st June 2023, 06:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get into Gyneacology field after graduation?

Yes, you can get into the gynecology field after graduation.

The minimum educational qualification required to become a gynecologist is an MBBS degree. After completing your MBBS degree, you can specialize in gynecology by completing a MD or MS degree in gynecology.

Steps on how to become a gynecologist after graduation:-

1. Complete your MBBS degree.
2. Take the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for postgraduate medical courses.
3. Get admission to an MD or MS program in gynecology.
4. Complete your MD or MS program in gynecology.
5. Obtain your medical license.
6. Complete your residency in gynecology.
7. Start your career as a gynecologist.

The duration of the MBBS degree is 5 years.
The duration of the MD or MS program in gynecology is 3 years.
The duration of the residency in gynecology is 3 years.
24th June 2023, 05:18 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

The eligibility to study any course in Gynaecology will be a pass in MBBS. Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in Biological subjects can't study the Gynaecology courses. So, you are not eligible at this instant. You have to study MBBS to study the Gynaecology course.
24th June 2023, 10:34 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue a career in gynecology after graduating from medical school. Gynecology is a specialized field of medicine that focuses on the health of the female reproductive system. To become a gynecologist, you will need to complete several steps:

1. Undergraduate Education: Obtain a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as biology, chemistry, or pre-medicine. It is important to maintain a high GPA and complete any prerequisites required for medical school.

2. Medical School: Successfully complete four years of medical school to earn a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree. Medical school involves both classroom learning and clinical rotations in various medical specialties.

3. Residency: After graduating from medical school, you will need to complete a residency program in obstetrics and gynecology. The residency typically lasts four years and provides comprehensive training in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of gynecological conditions and obstetric care.

4. Board Certification: After completing your residency, you will be eligible to seek board certification in obstetrics and gynecology. This involves passing a rigorous examination administered by the relevant board, such as the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) in the United States.

5. Fellowship (Optional): If you wish to further specialize within the field of gynecology, you can choose to pursue a fellowship. Fellowships are additional training programs that focus on subspecialties such as reproductive endocrinology, gynecologic oncology, or maternal-fetal medicine.
1st July 2023, 12:08 AM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Yes, absolutely! If you have completed your graduation successfully, you can pursue a career in gynecology. To become a gynecologist, you would need to further your education by attending medical school and then specialize in obstetrics and gynecology. It typically takes around 4 years of medical school, followed by 4 years of residency training in obstetrics and gynecology. After completing your residency, you can become a licensed gynecologist and start practicing in this field. Remember to check the specific requirements and regulations in your country or region, as they might vary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?