4th November 2010, 07:48 PM
vanishri.a

Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?

As I have done my engineering, interested in pursuing career in Radio Astronomy field.

1)Is it necessary to do post graduation or ph.d to enter researching field?

2)Whats the scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy.?

8th November 2010, 07:04 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?

To enter the field of research the minimum qualification required is that of post graduation degree or PH.d. You can pursue a PHd. while working in the research field. Only on the completion of PHd will you get the perks and other benefits. Radio Astronomy is an upcoming area. You can take up research jobs in laboratories like ICRAR.
8th November 2010, 09:40 AM
tirthak04

Default Re: Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?

1) it is not NECESSARY per se.. but what with the competitiveness and changing workplace rules of promotion(also due to the competition) its always better to keep an ace up your sleeve. what with the beauracratic hurdles in the top positions of places like ISRO... its a safer option to keep a degree in hand.
2) Radio astronomy is a very vast field of research and jobs range from pure research in NASA to even individual research.
8th November 2010, 09:15 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

1.Yes,its necessary to do post graduation or p.hd to enter researching field.As only higher qualification can make a student mind to do some research.
2. Radio astronomy is a very good field as it is a collaboration between astronomers & frequency-allocation authorities.If you do Radio astronomy then you can do resarch in various observatories of radio astronomy.
9th November 2010, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Thank you for your response.
27th May 2011, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

If I do my undergraduate course in aeronautical engineering will I be able to my post graduation in Astronomy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?