11th November 2018, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Lateral Entry in Diploma Engineering being an ITI(Auto Electrician) student?

Sir, I am studying ITI in Auto Electrician. I want to join Diploma Engineering. I am studying ITI in a reputed institute. So I am eligible to get lateral entry in Diploma Engineering course or not?

20th November 2018, 12:14 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Lateral Entry in Diploma Engineering being an ITI(Auto Electrician) student?

If you have got ITI qualification, then surely you can get lateral entry admission through any polytechnic entrance exam in second year of the diploma in engineering of the same stream.

Lateral entry will be possible only through entrance exam and you can choose a stream, which closely resembles your ITI stream.
20th November 2018, 12:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Lateral Entry in Diploma Engineering being an ITI(Auto Electrician) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying ITI in Auto Electrician. I want to join Diploma Engineering. I am studying ITI in a reputed institute. So I am eligible to get lateral entry in Diploma Engineering course or not?

Yes, you can get lateral entry admission to study Diploma Engineering as an ITI (Auto Electrician) holder. Those students who have passed the 10th + 2 year ITI course are eligible to study the Diploma Engineering course through lateral entry mode. Eligible candidates have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to study Diploma Engineering course through lateral entry mode. Selected candidates are admitted directly to the second year of the Diploma course. Duration of the Diploma Engineering is 2 years for the lateral entry students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?