14th March 2017, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I get lateral entry in mechanical engineering stream on the basis of ITI electrician trade?

I obtained the Mark in the metric exam 54.6% and then I obtained mark in the 12th (ISC) 50% and last I do completed ITI with electrician trade with 85 %. So, can I do lateral entry in the mining engineering college?

15th March 2017, 09:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry in mechanical engineering stream on the basis of ITI electrician trade?

No, you are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in Mining Engineering course after completion of your 12th standard and ITI course from a Government recognized institution.

To be eligible to get lateral entry admission in Mining Engineering course, you should have passed three years Diploma in Mining Engineering course from a Government recognized board. Since, you have not pursued Diploma in Mining Engineering course, you are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in Mining Engineering course.
16th March 2017, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry in mechanical engineering stream on the basis of ITI electrician trade?

No, you can't get lateral entry in mining engineering on the basis of ITI in electrician trade. It will make you eligible for lateral entry only in electrical or electronics engineering stream.

For mining engineering you need to have ITI diploma in the same kind of field.
16th March 2017, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I obtained the Mark in the metric exam 54.6% and then I obtained mark in the 12th (ISC) 50% and last I do completed ITI with electrician trade with 85 %. So, can I do lateral entry in the mining engineering college?
You have completed ITI course in Electrical Engineering course so you are not eligible for diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.

But you can do diploma in Electrical Engineering through lateral entry exam.
17th March 2017, 12:22 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get lateral entry in the degree course of Mechanical Engineering stream after the completion of your ITI course. Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course in the relevant field from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible for direct entry in the second year of degree course through lateral entry process. Since you have completed your class 12th, you can take admission in the degree course of Mechanical Engineering form the 1st year of the said course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?