30th May 2016, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I have to chance to join Diploma after B.Tech in NIT/IIT?

Respected madam/sir
I am sai Passed 10th in 2016. I want to do diploma. If I do diploma can I have chance to do B.Tech in NIT/IIT? How can I join in NIT/IIT institutions?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  2. Chances to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering student?
  3. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  4. Can I have to chance to join Diploma after B.Tech in NIT/IIT? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  6. Which is the best choice between joining in a job and B.Tech course after the completion of Diploma in AEIE?
  7. How to get admission after completing 10th class? What is the procedure for it?
  8. Which course can I choose after completing 12th?
  9. Will there be any chance for me to get a Job in Core Companies having done Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication with 83% and continuing the same stream in B.Tech with a CGPA of 6.73?
  10. Is there any chance to join in 2nd year engineering after completing diploma in engineering?
  11. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Possibility to join Diploma in Architecture at any college of Bangalore if haven't appeared in PUC exam for diploma in Interior Design candidate?
  13. How can I join in B.Tech after diploma?
  14. How I will join in B.Tech after Diploma?
  15. How can I join AMIE after completing diploma in ECE?
  16. What is the qualification to do B.Tech course?
  17. Is there any chance to join Air force in any field after completing B.Tech ECE
  18. Can I join B.Tech in electrical after completing diploma ECE?
31st May 2016, 10:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I have to chance to join Diploma after B.Tech in NIT/IIT?

No, candidates passed diploma degree after 10th without 10+2 are not eligible to pursue B.tech from IIT or NIT.

To get admission in IIT or NIT candidate have to appear and qualify in JEE examination. JEE is conducted in two stages and eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM/PCB as main paper.

So, if you desire to B.tech from IIT/NIT you have to pursue 10+2.
1st June 2016, 12:05 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, if you go with diploma course you will not be eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT for B.tech course.

But you will be eligible to get admission in B.tech courses in other institutes through LEET. To get admission in IIT or NIT you have to appear and qualify for JEE Main and Advance.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB/PCM as main paper. So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination after diploma course from any recognised university.
1st June 2016, 12:46 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you have interest in pursuing diploma course after 10th then there is no chance of getting the admission in IIT or NIT after diploma course.

Admission in IIT or NIT is only through Joint Entrance Examination. The two stages of examination is conducted by CBSE as well as IIT.

As per eligibility criteria diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE. So, there is no chance of getting the admission in IIT or NIT after diploma course.
1st June 2016, 12:48 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Diploma course, you can get admission to pursue B.Tech course in IIT but not in NIT.

NIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in B.Tech course and IIT's offer admission in B.Tech course but, you can get admission only in first year and not in second year.

You need to appear and qualify JEE Main and Advanced examination to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT.

In colleges other than NIT/IIT, you can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through Lateral Entry admission process.
1st June 2016, 07:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Diploma course, if you wish to get admission in IIT/NIT, there is no problem in it. You can appear for JEE(Advanced) examination and after clearing the exam, you will be very much eligible to get admission in IITs and NITs but not as a Lateral Entry but from the starting of the course as a regular candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?