8th January 2022, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Computer engineering degree after Diploma in Electrical?

I can join computer engineering degree after completing electrical diploma.

10th January 2022, 08:51 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Computer engineering degree after Diploma in Electrical?

No. After completing Diploma in Electrical, you can not do Computer engineering degree. Because candidates who have passed Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Technology are eligible to apply for Computer engineering degree.
12th January 2022, 03:10 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join in Computer engineering after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The minimum eligibility for this degree is that candidates who have studied Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Technology (3 years duration) are only eligible to apply for B.E or B.Tech in Computer Science course.
12th January 2022, 07:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot change the branch in Engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering. Candidates who have studied diploma in Computer Science or diploma in information technology are only eligible to apply for BE or BTech in computer science course.
You can study BE or BTech in electrical engineering after completion of diploma in electrical engineering.
The admission to the course will be done through a lateral entry entrance examination like LEET.
13th January 2022, 04:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, through lateral entry you are not eligible to change the stream. So, if you want to get admission in the computer engineering you have to appear and qualify in JEE.

On the basis of JEE score you are eligible to get admission in 1st year of B.Tech course in stream as per your choice taking in consideration your score.
13th January 2022, 04:44 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can join computer engineering after diploma in electrical.
14th January 2022, 04:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) is conducted for admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech course. But, candidates are not eligible to change the stream.

So, you have to continue with same stream or else can change the stream after qualifying in JEE but eligible to get admission in 1st year of course.
14th January 2022, 09:53 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, you cannot change the branch in engineering as Computer Science after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Candidates who have studied Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Technology (3 years duration) are only eligible to apply for BE or BTech in Computer Science course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?