13th April 2015, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech in Biotechnology if completed Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

Friends,
I have completed my Diploma course
in Chemical Engineering. But I want to
do B.Tech in Biotechnology. Please
tell me I am eligible for doing
B.Tech in this specialization?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for B.E or B.Tech in Biotechnology after completing diploma in Chemical Engineering
  2. How to study in B.Tech in Civil or Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in Ceremic Technology
  3. Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  4. Is it possible for B.Tech Biotechnology students to apply for M.Tech in chemical engineering
  5. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Chemical Engineering after 12th Biology?
  6. Can I study Diploma in Chemical Engineering through correspondence if completed 3 years of training in Attendant Operator Chemical Plant?
  7. How to do MSc in Biotechnology after completing B.E in Chemical Engineering?
  8. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is it possible to study B.Tech Chemical Engineering after finishing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech IT 2nd year
  10. How may I do B.Tech in chemical engineering? I've completed diploma in chemical engineering
  11. ITI or Diploma courses related to Chemical engineering? Institutes or colleges offering this course in Mumbai?
  12. How to do correspondence B.E in Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  13. Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after B.Tech Biotechnology?
  14. Is it beneficial to study Chemical Engineering Diploma course for 10th student?
  15. Minimum percentage required in Diploma to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Institute of Chemical Technology?
  16. Courses available to study in Abroad for Chemical Engineering Diploma student?
  17. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  18. Can I get direct admission in M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in chemical engineering?

19th April 2015, 07:22 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech in Biotechnology if completed Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

I am sorry to tell you this but you are not eligible for the course of Biotechnology.
You will be allowed to do B.Tech in Chemical Engineering if you are able to crack the LET(Lateral Entry Test).
The colleges with the Lateral Entry Course only allows the Candidate to study the B.Tech Course in the Corresponding discipline in which the Diploma was done.
So in your case once you clear the LET Examination you will be able to study B.Tech in Chemical Engineering.
You will get direct admission to the 3rd Semester once you clear the LET Examination.

19th April 2015, 11:58 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech in Biotechnology if completed Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

Yes, you can change your trade from Chemical Engineering to Biotechnology.
Follow the below step to change your trade in B.Tech degree.
1). First you have to appear in Lateral Entry entrance exam to get admission in 2nd year B.Tech degree.
2). After getting admission in B.Tech college you have to meet your college office staff for trade changing purpose. They will say in details about trade changing rules.
3). After that you attend some formality to change your trade that will say your college office staff.

So, don't worry and only focus on preparation of Lateral Entry entrance exam.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?