12th December 2014, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Sir,
I have complted my diploma in chemical engg
and i have heard that a diploma chemical engg
can opt for be or btech in biotechnology for direct 2 year , is it true ...??
And if yes then shud i prefer it ??? Pls help
thank u

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission in 2nd year of Diploma?
  2. How to take admission in AMIE after passing diploma in mechanical engineer
  3. Best Polytechnic to pursue diploma course in Chemical Engineering or in Petrochemicals? Is it possible to take direct entry in 2nd year after completion of 3 years diploma course?
  4. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  5. List of colleges offering direct 2nd year admission in degree? I have completed diploma in Chemical Engineering
  6. Possibility to pursue B.Arch 2nd year through distance education for diploma holder?
  7. College in Maharashtra for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering? Fee structure and possibility of direct admission in 2nd year?
  8. Can I get admission through reserved seat in 2nd year B.E after scoring 79.92% in diploma? What is the admission procedure?
  9. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  10. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. 3rd year cutoff list for admission in direct 2nd year for Chemical in Mumbai University colleges
  12. How can I get information regarding the admission after discontinue of diploma studies?
  13. Is it possible to study B.Tech Chemical Engineering after finishing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech IT 2nd year
  14. How may I get model paper of IOCL for assistant engineer for written(diploma in chemical engineer)?
  15. From where to get the forms of B.Tech LEET government colleges for direct 2nd year admission? What are the important dates?
  16. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  17. Can I get admission in diploma in CS for 2nd year?
  18. How to take admission in diploma in chemical engineering? How to apply online for diploma in chemical engineering?
15th December 2014, 12:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot get admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course in Biotechnology after completion of diploma course in Chemical Engineering. You can go for direct second year admission in B.Tech course in Chemical Engineering through Lateral Entry Scheme. However, some colleges do allow diploma of any stream to get into B.Tech Biotechnology but such colleges do not hold a high reputation and goodwill. You should prefer B.Tech in chemical engineering through lateral entry scheme because :-

- It is the discipline which you have studied so far and you know the fundamentals.
- Biotechnology is a completely different field, which requires knowledge of 10+2 Biology, hence you might face adjusting to the new discipline.
12th August 2017, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Can I get admission in second year of biotechnology after completing diploma in electrical engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?