5th December 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech in Mumbai if pursuing Diploma in Jamshedpur?

Hello Sir,
I am doing Diploma course in Electrical Engineering. After my Diploma in Electrical Engineering, I can do B.Tech in Mumbai? Because I am doing Diploma in Jamshedpur.

6th December 2015, 04:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech in Mumbai if pursuing Diploma in Jamshedpur?

Yes, you can do B.Tech course in Electrical Engineering in Mumbai after completion of your three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering course in Jamshedpur. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma course from a recognised board can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course through Lateral Entry process. To get Lateral entry admission in B.Tech course, you must have to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
6th December 2015, 04:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study B.Tech in Mumbai after passing your diploma in Jamshedpur.
Candidate have to fulfil the eligibility criteria of the college or university.
Candidate must have secured more than 60% marks in diploma with relevant subjects.
Age of candidate must be from 17 to 21 years.
6th December 2015, 05:20 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to pursue your B.Tech course from Mumbai after pursuing Diploma from Jamshedpur.

To get admission in course you have to qualify in LEET entrance examination conducted by various university and private institute. To appear for LEET examination eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed diploma from a recognised university.
Candidate must have at least 60% aggregate in diploma degree.

After qualifying in entrance examination you are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.tech course.
6th December 2015, 06:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am doing Diploma course in Electrical Engineering. After my Diploma in Electrical Engineering, I can do B.Tech in Mumbai? Because I am doing Diploma in Jamshedpur.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.Tech or B.E course after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Since, you have completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering so you can apply for the specialization below:

- B.Tech/B.E in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech/B.E in Telecommunication etc.

Diploma holders are directly eligible to apply for 2nd year B.Tech/B.E through lateral entry. It is mandatory that Diploma holders are required to appear in the Lateral Entry entrance exam in order to get admission.
6th December 2015, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
You are doing diploma course in Electrical Engineering in Jamshedpur so you can do B.Tech degree from Mumbai through Lateral Entry exam.

If you have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks then you are eligible for B.Tech course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?