12th May 2019, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hi everyone, I am a student of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. After completing my this Diploma Engineering course I want to do BTech but in Electrical Engineering. So, I am eligible to study Electrical Engineering in BTech? I want to know about this.

19th May 2019, 06:07 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Yes, you can study BTech in electrical engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering but if you continue with civil engineering then it is easier for you to understand all the concepts at BTech level and if you change your branch to electrical engineering then it is little bit complex to you deal with electronics subjects.
19th May 2019, 10:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

If you are looking for lateral entry admission in 2nd year based on your diploma in civil engineering then you will be only eligible for B.Tech Civil Engineering. If you are looking for 1st year admission then you can appear for JEE Main and get admission in B.Tech Electrical Engineering.

There is no problem at all and you will be definitely eligible for but not for lateral entry admission in B.Tech of a different stream.
20th May 2019, 08:18 PM
Yo yo king
Junior Member+

By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in Second year of Four years B.Tech course. Since, you have completed your Diploma in Civil Engineering, you can get admission only in B.Tech in Civil Engineering course. Re: B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?