2nd October 2018, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of Electrical Engineering Diploma course. After completing my Diploma program I want to do BTech in Civil Engineering. So, I am eligible to study Civil Engineering in BTech? I want to know about this.

5th October 2018, 05:48 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of Electrical Engineering Diploma course. After completing my Diploma program I want to do BTech in Civil Engineering. So, I am eligible to study Civil Engineering in BTech? I want to know about this.

It is not advisable to study BTech (Civil Engineering) after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Instead, you can study BTech Electrical Engineering course after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. You have to appear for the lateral entry entrance examination for the admission to study BTech Electrical Engineering. If selected, you will be admitted directly to the second year of the BTech Electrical Engineering course through lateral entry admission.
5th October 2018, 10:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

Yes, you can apply for admission in B.Tech civil engineering first year through exams like JEE. There will be no lateral entry available for the same stream.

If you want to get admission through lateral entry, then you need to choose the stream, which you have studied in your diploma.
21st May 2021, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have complete my diploma in electrical engg now i have to change my strem in civil engg is this possible
29th May 2021, 06:03 PM
suresh75020

List of Best Engineering colleges in India :

1.East Point College of Engineering
2.MS Ramaiah Institute Of Technology
3.SJB INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
4.Presidency college of engineering
5.East west institute of technology

East Point College of Engineering
26th September 2021, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I done my Electrical engineering in 2014 and now i am doing architectural business and required civil engineering degree wants procedure to get degree holder in civil engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?