2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma course after 10th consider equal to 12th standard?

hello.

I have just passed my 10th class but unfortunately got arts as my subject. I am a bit confused.. what if I chose diploma ? if i choose diploma,will it be considered equivalent to 12th class? which one is better? please help.. It will be very helpful..

2nd September 2015, 05:45 PM
dinesh the king

Default Re: Is diploma course after 10th consider equal to 12th standard?

Absolutely no sir.Diploma refers to science and technology.This is like bridge course for B.tech course.And also it is eligible for jobs whose qualification is +2.coming to +2,by completing this you can get some jobs like clerks,etc,
2nd September 2015, 06:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello.

I have just passed my 10th class but unfortunately got arts as my subject. I am a bit confused.. what if I chose diploma ? if i choose diploma,will it be considered equivalent to 12th class? which one is better? please help.. It will be very helpful..
You have completed 10th standard so you are eligible for polytechnic course.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.
2nd September 2015, 09:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After completion of diploma will have better job options than a 10 2 pass candidates that means it is more than 12th qualification without any doubt.

You will be eligible for direct admission in 2nd year if you want to do B.Tech after completion of diploma engineering. The only problem diploma candidates have it that they will not be eligible for JEE which is the gateway for IITs and NITs.
3rd September 2015, 12:50 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma after 10th is not considered equal to 12th standard.
But in many entrance exams it is considered as equivalent to 12th standard.

After completion diploma after 10th candidate can get direct admission in second year of graduation courses like B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc etc.

If you are interested in Arts then you should opt for it. But if you are interested in technical studies or some other specific subject then you should opt for Diploma in relevant subject.
9th September 2015, 08:07 PM
DSP@1

Actually Diploma is the different from 12th standard when compared with the subjects and
the course duration.

But coming to the entrance exams for graduation programs and degree programs Diploma
is treated same as of 12th standard.

But coming to the job sector Diploma candidates will have an opportunity to get job in
Technical field immediately after completing their diploma but whereas the 12th standard
candidates will not have that chance.

Graduation after Diploma or 12th will be treated as same.

But Diploma candidates are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT,only the 12th standard
candidates will have this opportunity.

So depending on these parameters you yourself decide the course which is best for your
future.
11th September 2015, 02:39 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

No, Diploma after 10th is not considered equal to 12th Board Examinations.
Diploma in Polytechnic Courses makes you eligible for the course of B.Tech by the Lateral Entry Program.
Otherwise it is in noway considered equivalent to Class 12.
You will not be allowed to sit for the JEE Main and Advanced Examinations if you opt for Diploma course now.
29th August 2016, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Have diploma course is equivalent to 12th Standard and if yes, then how can we get certificate in Gujarat?
12th January 2017, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Should I do Diploma or PUC after 10th to have a best course to become an Architect...??
1st June 2020, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

After completing diploma after 10th can I eligible for b.sc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?