12th May 2015, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Is Diploma equal to graduation? Can I do MBA after Diploma?

I have completed my diploma in electronics engineering (board of technical education,up)after 10 2. I want to know that is diploma equal to graduate.can I do mba after diploma

12th May 2015, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Diploma equal to graduation? Can I do MBA after Diploma?

No, Diploma is not equal to Graduation. Diploma degree has lesser value than Graduation degree. Any Bachelor's degree course is known as Graduation course. Diploma is not equivalent to Graduation course. You cannot pursue MBA course after completion of your three years Diploma course. You are eligible to pursue MBA course only after completion of your Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
12th May 2015, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is no way equal to graduation and you are not eligible for MBA admission with Diploma qualification which is done after 10th qualification. You have to complete Graduation before applying for MBA entrance exams.

On the basis of Diploma qualification you can get admission in a Degree course of the same stream through lateral entry entrance exam. This will allow you admission in 2nd year directly and will save your one year of graduation. Hence, if you are interested in MBA then complete Graduation.
12th May 2015, 09:31 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

No, diploma is not equal to graduation course. Diploma is less than graduation. Some of the courses like Multimedia, Hotel Management offers graduation certificate but they are not equivalent to degree obtained in educational University. You, cannot do MBA after completing Diploma. For these you need to complete 10+2+3 from recognized university.
12th May 2015, 10:36 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma is not equal to graduation. To become a graduate, you have to join in any Bachelor's degree like B.Tech after the completion of your Diploma course. And you cannot join in MBA course, with the qualification of Diploma, because to join in MBA course, candidates should have completed their graduation in any stream. So, first try to complete your graduation, then you can apply for admission in MBA course.
13th May 2015, 01:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my diploma in electronics engineering (board of technical education,up)after 10 2. I want to know that is diploma equal to graduate.can I do mba after diploma
No, diploma is not equivalent to graduation course.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for MBA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for MBA exam.

Exam pattern for MBA exam:-

1.Decision making
2.Verbal and logical ability
3.Quantitative ability and data interpretation
4.Essay & general awareness
13th May 2015, 06:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma course is no where equal to Graduation and for doing MBA you need to completed graduation from a recognised University.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for MBA.

Kindly have a look.

General Eligibility for MBA course:

Aspirants who have graduated from any background are very much eligiblr to do MBA course.

There is no such age limit for it.

Academic Qualification:

> Graduates must have completed their studies with more than 55% to be eligible to apply for MBA course.

> For admission in MBA course, students need to write any one of the entrance examination mentioned below;

MAT

CAT

XAT

ATMA

After having cleared the examination,students will get admission in various MBA colleges depending upon their marks scored in entrance examination.
21st May 2015, 09:55 PM
kunalroy89

Diploma is not equivalent to Graduation.It is one step below graduation and sometimes in few exams or admissions,diploma is treated equivalent to 10+2.
It does not matter if you have done diploma after 12th but the eligibility is actually after 10th.
You need to complete your Graduation to be eligible for MBA.MBA is a post graduate course and you must be graduate to be eligible for admission into MBA.
9th April 2023, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Is GNM diploma is equivalent to graduation??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?