16th May 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma treated as graduation for applying the KAS exam?

I am student who has completed diploma in electronics and communication, henceforth am I eligible to apply for the respective exam? Will diploma be treated as graduation? Is diploma treated as graduation for applying the KAS exam? Am expecting that someone will answer me soon!

16th May 2015, 10:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma treated as graduation for applying the KAS exam?

No, Diploma course is not treated as a Graduation course. Any Bachelor's degree course like B.Tech, B.E, B.A, B.Com, etc. are considered as Graduation courses. Eligibility criteria required to appear in KAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2.You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 years
-->SC/ST : 5 years

Since, you have not completed Graduation course, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for KAS examination.
16th May 2015, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student who has completed diploma in electronics and communication, henceforth am I eligible to apply for the respective exam? Will diploma be treated as graduation? Is diploma treated as graduation for applying the KAS exam? Am expecting that someone will answer me soon!
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for KAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification are eligible for KAS exam. Candidate who appear in the final exam of the degree qualification may also appear.

Your age should be in between 21 to 35 years.

Upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST and category candidates.
Upper age limit shall be relaxed by 3 years for Other backward category candidates.
Upper age limit shall be relaxed by 10 years for Physically Handicapped or Widow candidates.

Attempts limit:-

Unlimited number of attempts in case of candidate belongs to SC/ST ( Age limit considered).
7 attempts in case of candidate belongs Other backward caste.
5 attempts to General merit candidates.
17th May 2015, 12:28 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

KAS is the Karnataka Administration service exam conducted by the Karnataka state government. The minimum educational qualification is, the candidate must have completed his/her graduation or master's degree from recognized university in India. As per your dough diploma is not a bachelor's degree. Diploma is equivalent to senior secondary higher education i.e., 10+2. So you are not eligible for applying the KAS exam.
17th May 2015, 12:34 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma in an undergraduate course which is not treated as a graduate course. So you are are not eligible to appear in Administrative Services Examination being a Diploma holder. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Administrative Services Examination is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Graduation (Or) who passed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in KAS Exam.

>> Since you are a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in Administrative Examination as Diploma is not at all considered as a Graduate Degree.

>> Hence I suggest you to complete your Graduation after diploma in order to be eligible for Administrative Exam.

>> Age limits required to appear in KAS Examination is "21 to 30 years" for unreserved candidates and age relaxation would be given to reserved candidates as per government norms.
17th May 2015, 02:45 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma is not treated as graduation. Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th standard.

Eligibility Criteria for KAS exam:

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in any stream.

Your age should be between 21-35 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Personal Interview

For more information , please visit http://kpsc.kar.nic.in
9th January 2017, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm completed BE but I have additional subjects back can eligible to apply kas
19th January 2019, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bachelor degree (correspondence course) from Mangalore University whether I'm eligible for applying for PDO exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?