21st January 2019, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical student?

Hi friends, I am studying in final year of my Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. I want to study Marine Engineering after completing my Diploma course. So, am I eligible to study BTech course in Marine Engineering or not?

26th January 2019, 12:56 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I am studying in final year of my Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. I want to study Marine Engineering after completing my Diploma course. So, am I eligible to study BTech course in Marine Engineering or not?

Students who have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are eligible to study BTech (Marine Engineering) through lateral entry mode. Eligibility to study the BTech (Marine Engineering) is a pass in three year Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE with minimum 60% marks. Students are admitted to the BTech (Marine Engineering) through an entrance examination. Colleges offering BTech (Marine Engineering) through the lateral entry mode are given below:

R L Institute of Nautical Science

HIMT College

Coimbatore Marine College
26th January 2019, 08:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical student?

Eligibility to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering:

A candidate must have completed their 10 + 2 with physics, mathematics and Chemistry subjects with not less than 60% of aggregate marks from a recognised Board of Education.

The other requirement is that candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in English.

As you have completed diploma in mechanical engineering hence, you are eligible to pursue BTech in Marine Engineering and if you qualify the lateral entry entrance test then you will get admission directly in 2nd year of BTech course.

Candidate must have age in between 18 to 25 years as on 4th August of the year of admission. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable to reserved category students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?