10th September 2015, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Sir/Madam,
Actually I want to know that do I have to give any entrance exam such as JEE Main or any such to get admission in B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering. Currently I am pursuing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced being a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  2. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  4. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  5. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  7. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  8. Can I study Mechanical Engineering in NIT if scored 69 marks in JEE Main being a SC candidate?
  9. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.E. in Robotics Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  12. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  13. Procedure to apply for B.E. 2nd year through lateral entry in Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Suratkal through JEE Mains for Diploma in ME student?
  14. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  15. Eligibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of institutes in India?
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) in any good private college of Kolkata if scored 104 marks in JEE Main and expecting 60% in WBCHSE being a General student? Expected All India Rank?
  17. How to study diploma in mechanical engineering? I am a mechanical course student from NCVT
  18. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
13th September 2015, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
Actually I want to know that do I have to give any entrance exam such as JEE Main or any such to get admission in B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering. Currently I am pursuing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

But you can do B.E. in Mechanical Engineering through Lateral Entry exam. Because you are a student for diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
14th September 2015, 07:14 PM
DSP@1

Default Re: Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

The eligibility criteria for IIT exam are as follows:-

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from the recognized board in MPC(mathematics,Physics and Chemistry) stream.
-And the percentage criteria in 12th standard will vary from state to state.
-Candidate age must be between 17-25 years.

These are the criteria for the IIT.

As you are from Diploma which does not include Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry subjects in your syllabus you are not eligible for IIT.

But you can complete your graduation course in the best university which allow lateral entry.And after completing your graduation your can go for PG course in IIT through GATE.
15th September 2015, 01:11 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but students who are pursuing the course of Diploma is not eligible for the JEE Main Examination.
You need to appear for the LET Examination and if you are able to crack the LET Examination you will be able to take admission to the College of your choice according to your rank through the Lateral Entry Program.
So this is what you need to do to pursue the course of B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?