3rd January 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?

Hello
I want to do B.Tech in mechanical engineering
in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering.
now i am in 3rd year in diploma.
tell me if I can give IIT entrance exam & how?
plz tell me with full discription?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?
  2. What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?
  3. Procedure to apply for B.E. in IIT for Diploma in Automobile Engineering student?
  4. Can I get into IIT after diploma? Which are the entrance exams to be answered?
  5. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can Polytechnic diploma holder give the entrance exam for IIT JEE?
  7. How can a diploma student appear for IIT JEE exam?
  8. What shall I do to study IIT being a Diploma student?
  9. IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria for a student who is qualifying a 3 yrs diploma(polytechnic) in CS trade?
  10. How to get into IIT after completing Diploma? Which is the entrance exam?
  11. How to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam after completing Diploma?
  12. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  13. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  14. Do I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech if studying diploma on 10th basis? Procedure to apply for entrance exam?
  15. Eligibility criteria for doing diploma after engineering? Is there any entrance exam? What is the procedure to apply?
  16. Can a diploma student get direct admission into 2nd year of engineering? Study material for entrance exam preparation?
  17. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  18. Can I get a seat in IIT after finishing diploma in Tool Die
4th January 2015, 12:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?

No, you cannot appear in JEE examination after completion of Diploma course. To get admission in IIT, you must have to appear in JEE Main examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of 12th standard from arecognised board. Since, you have not completed 12th standard and being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination. Without appearing in JEE examination, you cannot get admission in IIT for pursuing your B.Tech course. Since, you cannot get admission in IIT for pursuing your B.Tech course, you can appear in LEET examination and you can get admission in Second year of four years B.Tech course in reputed colleges/ universities.
4th January 2015, 03:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?

Unfortunately, there is no procedure to Diploma holders to make an entry into to B.Tech from IITs. Only 10+2 PCM candidates are eligible to take admission into IITs through JEE Main and Advanced.

IITs don't have any Lateral Entry Admission procedure into B.Tech course. Therefore, you have to apply for LEET and take admission in those colleges which give admission on the basis of LEET in 2nd year of the B.Tech course.

Hence, you should be prepared for LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test) because this is the only way you can get admission in a B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?