14th May 2023, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

How am I eligible for 1st year Diploma to write NDA exam?

I have passed 10th class and studying diploma 1st year is diploma students are eligible to write NDA exam? And what height is needed to join in navy?.

15th May 2023, 09:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How am I eligible for 1st year Diploma to write NDA exam?

Diploma holder cannot join defence service through NDA. NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

To join defence service after diploma qualification candidates have to complete their graduation qualification and then appear and qualify in CDS. It is conducted in two stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 03:20 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Particulars Details

NDA Age Limit Upper Age – 18.7 years Lower Age – 15.7 years,
NDA Educational Qualifications Army Wing – Pass certificate in 10+2 exam,
For Air Force and Naval Wings – Passing Certification of Class 12th exam with Physics and Mathematics.
15th May 2023, 03:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC for recruitment in defence service.

The required eligibility to apply for the examination is :-

Candidate must have passed std 12th or appearing for board examination.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you cannot apply for the examination being a candidate with diploma qualification.
15th May 2023, 05:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that for joining NDA (National Defense Academy), the minimum education required is a Class 12th/higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So, as you have opted for Diploma degree course instead of regular Class 12th or intermediate course, you won't be eligible for be eligible for appearing in the NDA examination even if you satisfy other eligibility conditions.

For complete details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 05:37 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Diploma holders cannot apply for NDA. Candidates applying for NDA exam must have passed or are appearing in the Class 12 exam. Candidates cannot apply for the exam after Class 11.
15th May 2023, 06:20 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holders are not eligible for the NDA exam.

Candidates who have passed the equivalent exam or the 12th standard from an accredited board are eligible to sit for the NDA exam. Candidates who are in their final year of class 12*may sit for the NDA exam.
15th May 2023, 10:35 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for appearing in NDA (National Defense Academy) Examination is Class 12th or PUC or intermediate degree course from a recognized board of education.

So, having opted for Diploma course instead of regular Class 12th or PUC or intermediate degree course, you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA examination.

For complete information about NDA examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?