21st July 2017, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write CA foundation exam after completion of B.Com 1st year?

I am studying in 11th commerce but I want to do CA foundation exam after B.com 1st year, can I? What would be the minimum criteria followed? Can someone who already applied for the exam, in the same way, give me the details to proceed further? Thank you!

23rd July 2017, 01:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CA foundation exam after completion of B.Com 1st year?

First thing I would like to let you know that CA CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) was earlier known as CA foundation examination which is the stage one of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course followed by IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Test ) and the final course.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to appear in CA CPT being 1st year student of B.Com degree course then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for CPT as the minimum educational qualification required for the same test is a higher secondary school degree.

Further if you complete your B.Com degree with 55% then you can skip CPT and appear for IPCC directly through direct entry scheme.

23rd July 2017, 05:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CA foundation exam after completion of B.Com 1st year?

Yes, you are eligible to write CA Foundation examination after completion of your B.Com first year. To be eligible to write CA Foundation examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board. If you pursue CA course after completion of your B.Com course then, there is no need to appear in CA Foundation examination and you can directly register for IPCC level of CA course.

30th April 2018, 12:08 PM
madi purohit

Yes, of course, you can apply for CA foundation after B.com first year. The minimum criteria for students in pursuing CA foundation are that the students have to complete 12th board examinations. After 12th you are eligible to register in CA foundation course. Otherwise, there are no minimum criteria for CA foundation. You can easily apply for CA foundation by following these steps:

1) You can register for CA foundation course by filling the online form which is available on ICAI online portal under students tab.
2) After filling the Online Form, a candidate has to pay the required fees online using the payment gateway.
3) On successful payment, the system will automatically generate the Form. Then take the print of the form.
4) Along with print out of the online registration form, following documents are to be submitted to concerned Regional Office of ICAI within 7 days of the date of online registration.
a. The duly signed printout of online successful registration form in hard copy
b. One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
c. Attested copy of the 10th Marksheet/ Admit Card of 10th class indicating the Name & Date of Birth
d. Attested copy of Admit Card / Mark sheet of Class 12 examination issued by the respective Board
e. If student is a foreigner, then attested copy of proof of Nationality should also be submitted
f. For students of reserved category and disabled students, attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e SC/ST, OBC and Differently abled should be provided.

If you have any query, you can visit CA Wizard. CA Wizard is a forum which have complete information about CA course.

3rd May 2018, 03:29 PM
PiyushSharma19

CA Foundation after B.com first year - Yes, you can apply for CA Foundation after completion of B.com 1st year. one can register for CA Foundation course anytime after 12th. There is no age requirement, no minimum criteria to start CA Course. Hence, You can commence CA as soon as you are comfortable.

Must Read: CA foundation examination complete course guide.

26th June 2022, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CA foundation exams after completing Bcom?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?