13th April 2023, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in BTech as lateral entry student?

Dear sir. I will appear in final year diploma exams this year.How can i get admission in btech as lateral entry student. Tell me about UPTU entrance exams for diploma holders.

14th April 2023, 06:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in BTech as lateral entry student?

Lateral Entry programme is being offered at Universities and engineering colleges enabling students who have completed 3 year diploma in Engineering or BSc degree or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks.
And mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12th to get a admitted in the second year.
14th April 2023, 10:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with diploma from a recognised institute of U.P and parents are domicile of U.P are eligible to apply for UPCET. UPSEE merit list will be prepared on the basis of score in UPCET.

So, on the basis of qualification you are eligible to apply for examination and after qualifying in it can get admission in colleges of AKTU ( former UPTU ).
15th April 2023, 02:05 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

The candidates, who have done their diploma in the same branch and start working can opt for B. Tech lateral entry. It gives relaxation of 1 year in the whole program of 4 years for the diploma holder students.
15th April 2023, 12:23 PM
Dudu...

Admission in BTech as a lateral entry student varies from college to college and also depends on the country you are applying to. However, here are some general steps that you can follow:

1. Research: First, research the colleges or universities that offer lateral entry into BTech courses. Check the eligibility criteria, application procedure, and important dates.

2. Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the colleges or universities you are interested in. Generally, the eligibility criteria require that you have completed a diploma in engineering or a related field with a minimum percentage of marks.

3. Entrance Exams: Many colleges or universities conduct entrance exams for lateral entry students. You need to prepare for these exams and score well to secure admission.

4. Application: Once you have identified the colleges or universities you wish to apply to, complete the application form and submit it before the deadline. Ensure that you provide all the necessary documents, such as your diploma certificate, mark sheets, identity proof, etc.

5. Counseling: After the application process is complete, some colleges or universities conduct counseling sessions for shortlisted candidates. Attend the counseling session and choose the course and college of your preference.

6. Admission: If you are selected, you will be offered admission to the BTech course. Pay the fees and complete the admission formalities to secure your seat.
15th April 2023, 05:08 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

“All applicants must appear in the CET conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The admissions would be based on the merit / rank obtained by the candidate in the CET. Candidates with Diploma in Architecture are not eligible for lateral entry to Engineering/ Technology degree programme”.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?