30th September 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

How get the admission in Pune for B.Tech after completion of diploma course?

I'm in final year of Diploma in Mechanical engineering from Gujarat. In this year I'll complete my diploma program and after that I want to go for degree course. so, would you please tell me the procedure to take admission for Diploma to degree engg in pune.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical stream with 69% of marks?
  2. What is the procedure followed to get admission in B.Tech after completion of diploma course?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get admission in degree from Pune after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Admission after diploma to degree in reputed university at Pune?
  6. List of colleges in which I can get direct admission for second year after completion of mechanical diploma with 63% in Pune?
  7. Can I get admission in B.Tech/B.E. after 2 years diploma course? How can I get admission in Diploma engineering after CBSE class X board exams?
  8. Am I eligible for PG Diploma in Canada? For which all streams am I eligible? Required score in IELTS for admission?
  9. How much marks are required to get admission in COEP, Pune?
  10. How to get btech admission after diploma in IT?
  11. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  12. What are the best options in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  13. How can I get admission in B.Tech at Pune University if completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka?
  14. List of best diploma colleges in Pune and admission schedule?
  15. What are the possibilities of courses next after completion of diploma? -- [New]
  16. What is the cut off marks required to do engineering in Pune after completion of diploma with 80 percentage marks?
  17. IELTS band requirement for doing post graduate Diploma in Canada? How long will it take to process Visa?
  18. Admission in B.Sc after Diploma in engineering at Shivaji university or Pune University?
30th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How get the admission in Pune for B.Tech after completion of diploma course?

After completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. In Pune engineering colleges, the lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course are offered through Centralised Admission Process (CAP) which is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. So, you need to register and participate in CAP rounds to get lateral admission in Pune engineering course for pursuing B.Tech course.
30th September 2016, 10:07 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How get the admission in Pune for B.Tech after completion of diploma course?

Admission Procedure to pursue B.Tech after Diploma in Pune:

In order to study Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Technology) after Diploma course, you need to give LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test). LEET is entrance examination that is conducted state level for giving admission into second year of B.Tech/ B.E after diploma.

Some of the colleges that allow this LEET score are,

> Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune

>> College of Engineering, Pune

>> Cummins College of Engineering for Women

After scoring good marks, you will be getting admission into 2nd year of Graduation directly.
30th September 2016, 10:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For admission in engineering colleges in Pune, you will have to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test conducted by Maharashtra State government. LEET is conducted for admission of diploma candidates directly in second year of engineering. For this examination, diploma candidates need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

The notification for LEET exam is released in month of March to April and entrance examination is conducted in last week of May. Depending upon your rank in LEET examination, you can get admission in engineering colleges of Pune or nearby areas.
30th September 2016, 11:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You are going to complete your polytechnic diploma course within a year and you are interested to pursue BTech after completion of your diploma course hence you have to qualify the Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in 2nd year directly. This examination is mainly conducted for diploma courses student who are interested to pursue degree course.
You have to qualify the exam and on the basis of your rank in the merit list you will be given a college accordingly within your state.
1st October 2016, 12:23 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Pune in Bachelor Technology after completion of diploma from Gujarat, you will have to apply for LEET exam of Maharashtra.

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria for LEET is:

Diploma from a recognized AICTE institute and minimum of 60% marks in diploma. You will get direct admission in second year of engineering after passing in LEET exam.

The application form for LEET 2017 will come in April.
1st October 2016, 12:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in final year of Diploma in Mechanical engineering from Gujarat. In this year I'll complete my diploma program and after that I want to go for degree course. so, would you please tell me the procedure to take admission for Diploma to degree engg in pune.
It's good to see that you are interested to apply for B.Tech course after Diploma. It will definitely help you to achieve your career goal. Being a Diploma student you are directly eligible for 2nd year B.Tech or B.E in Mechanical engineering course. However, you need to appear and qualify in the Lateral entry exam conducted by the concerned university. This lateral entry conducted every year and allot admission based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam.

Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal
Address: S. No. 720/1 & 2, Pune Nagar Road, Wagholi, Pune, Maharashtra 412207
Phone: 020 6573 1134

Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering, Pune
Address: Pune-Satara Road, Dhankawadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411043
Phone: 020 2410 7390

Symbiosis International University
Address: Lavale, Mulshi taluk, Pune, Maharashtra 412115
Phone: 020 3911 6208
1st October 2016, 12:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates who want admission in Bachelor of Technology can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. For LEET examination, diploma candidates should have at least 60% marks in diploma. This exam will help you to get direct admission in second year of engineering.

There are many engineering colleges in Pune which accepts LEET scorecard for admission of diploma candidates. For admission in NIT, you can apply for JEE Main.
7th June 2017, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

I am a diploma holder in civil engineering from Walchand college of engineering Sangli. I want the admission process for 2nd year Btech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?