31st March 2015, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?

Sir/Mam,
I am final year diploma architecture student and I want to join iit's or nit's after passing diploma . Which entrance exam I should write to get admission to iit's or nit's . Please inform me sir . I am waiting to get the right answer to start the steps which are required for me to do.

31st March 2015, 09:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?

No, you cannot join in NIT/IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because NIT/IITs does not offer lateral entry admissions to B.Tech course. Only candidates who had completed 12th standard from a recognised board and those who had secured good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examinations are eligible to get admission in NIT/IITs. Since, you had not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in B.Tech course in NIT/IITs.
2nd April 2015, 10:14 PM
DineshKumar_01

You cannot get the admission in the NIT/IIT after completing your diploma. Because for getting the admission in the NIT/IIT candidate should complete 12th standard in the any recognized university. Since the candidate cannot complete the 12th standard being a diploma holder are not eligible for getting the admission in the NIT/IIT for B.Tech course.
27th June 2015, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I am a diploma holder in CSE and I going to for my Graguation(B.E.)

My question is that sir which type of highskill we are need for a s/w development & which can it provide us good salary in this field ?

Thanking you Sir !

Naresh Pandey, C.G.
28th September 2015, 06:27 PM
sambit125
Junior Member+

Yes, you can . The process is same as that of a plus two student. Write the JEE and get a good rank. But it will be very difficult for a student from diploma to write JEE. The reason is simple , you won't be studying all the subjects which are main for JEE. You will study one particular topic in diploma , when coming to JEE the situation is different so there you need all the subjects. And at the same time you will lose one year compared to all the other students because the diploma course is for three years where as the plus two is two years.
18th November 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am 12 pass diploma holder in cse
can I get admission in not or IIT college for completion of My undergraduatation
28th November 2015, 04:14 PM
Azhar mohamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
I am 12 pass diploma holder in cse
can I get admission in not or IIT college for completion of My undergraduatation
I am really sorry to say this but there is no possibility for you to study B.Tech from IIT being the fact that u r a diploma holder

IITs offer admission only through JEE main in first year only for B.Tech course. Diploma holders are not eligible for admission in first year of engineering graduation. Therefore, diploma holders can't get admission in IIT for B.Tech course.

You have to look for other colleges through lateral entry exams which will allow you admission in second year. There are many colleges which offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech and you are eligible for it.
11th April 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

How many mark get to selection of iit after completed diploma and which exam
15th April 2016, 09:11 PM
Jitu369

Sorry, but you can not join NIT & IIT right after diploma course.

Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) & National Institute of Technology(NIT) are well known & top engineering institutes in india. Hence it is not easy to get admission in these institutes.

In order to get admission in NIT or IIT there are some entrance exams such as JEE, AIEEE etc.

But qualification for these exams is only 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics compulsory subjects. And diploma is not equivalent to 10+2.

So, you can't join IIT or NIT after diploma.
15th April 2016, 09:15 PM
Jitu369

Quote:
How many mark get to selection of iit after completed diploma and which exam
Hello,
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the entrance examination held by IIT for admissions in their institute.

But eligibility criteria for this exams simply clear that only 10+2 students with PCM can appear for JEE & diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So, there is no issue of marks because you are not eligible to join IIT.
21st May 2017, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I have passed till diploma 2 year with getting a high score in my college and now I will go in 3rd year so after completing my diploma or in 3rd can I join IIT.
22nd July 2017, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Hello, respected sir/madam.If I was not passed 12th in the first attempt.After passing 12th in the second or third attempt, can I get admission in IIT by giving JEE exam?
1st August 2017, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I'm a diploma holder in electrical engineering and also passed 10 2 standard from WBCHSE.
Am I able to get admission in IIT/NIT??
4th August 2017, 10:36 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,
I am final year diploma architecture student and I want to join iit's or nit's after passing diploma . Which entrance exam I should write to get admission to iit's or nit's . Please inform me sir . I am waiting to get the right answer to start the steps which are required for me to do.

Candidate after diploma if you want to get admission in IIT’s and NIT’s college then you have to give JEE(Joint Entrance Examination)entrance exam for which minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 candidate with diploma are also allowed to apply for the exam. Candidate studying in final year are also apply for the exam.

Eligibility for JEE Exam:-

>> To apply for JEE exam diploma candidate must have done 3 or 4 year diploma from government recognized associations like AICTE or state board technical education.

>> Age limit to apply for the JEE exam is 25 years for general category candidate and for those candidate who belongs to SC/ST category have given 5 year relaxation in age limit.

>> Maximum attempts a candidate can apply for JEE exam is 3 times.

>> Candidate after diploma through JEE exam you have to start your degree course from first year because there is no lateral entry procedure in JEE exam.

Good luck.
14th August 2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam, I am completed diploma in mechanical engineering , I studying jee than study that in my mechanical syllabus may be other syllabus or books tell ask !
Pls sent that mail
[email protected]
Regards & Thanks
P.Peadeep kumar
24th October 2017, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

My daughter pursuing diploma (AEI) final year. which course are available after diploma and what is the entrance exam tell me about the total details.
5th December 2017, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, I completed 10 2 course but I am studying diploma ece 2nd year I want to join IIT /NIT. I am ready to right any kind of entrance exam
So please give me details about that
26th January 2018, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I have completed my 3 years diploma in electronics and communication Engineering. So if I give AIEEE entrance examination then I am eligible to get admission in IIT / NIT
15th June 2018, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir I passed my 10th class just and get admission in lpu jalandhar in diploma in computer science. I want to know that how can I get the admission in iit college after diploma
23rd June 2018, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

After doing bachelor engineering we can get admission in iitb, scoring higher marks? How many years will be iit course? Please give me answer.
13th July 2020, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 12th pure science groop diplomo holder can i apply in jee main exam
19th April 2021, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

there is any possible way to join in NIT direct second year after completing diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?