23rd July 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil after Diploma in Architecture?

Sir,

My name is Biplob Mandal. I have completed Diploma in Architecture now. I want to do B.Tech in Civil. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech in Civil after Diploma in Architecture. Please help me sir.

Thanks and Regard
Biplab Mandal

23rd July 2015, 09:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil after Diploma in Architecture?

No, it is not possible to study B.Tech in Civil after completion of your Diploma course in Architecture. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech in Civil, you must have completed 12th standard or three years Diploma course in Civil Engineering from a recognised board. You must have to pursue the same stream in B.Tech course in which stream you have pursued Diploma course. Since, you have pursued Diploma in Architecture, you are eligible to pursue B.Arch course but, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech in Civil course.
24th July 2015, 12:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

My name is Biplob Mandal. I have completed Diploma in Architecture now. I want to do B.Tech in Civil. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech in Civil after Diploma in Architecture. Please help me sir.

Thanks and Regard
Biplab Mandal
You have completed Diploma in Architecture so you are not eligible for B.Tech in Civil.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in civil engineering are eligible for B.Tech course in Civil Engineering through Lateral Entry exam.

Your age should be above 17 years.
24th July 2015, 04:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do B.Tech in Civil after Diploma in Architecture. After completing your diploma you can apply for lateral entry to get admission in B.Tech degree.
You have to apply for LEET exam to get admission in top colleges.
Also, there are many colleges that give admission on the basis of marks in diploma.
24th July 2015, 09:26 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but you are not eligible for the course of B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
You are eligible for the course of B.Arch though and you can go for that course if you are interested in the course.
So it is up to you to decide what you want to do.
25th July 2015, 10:40 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Thanks and Regard
Biplab Mandal
From my point of view civil engineering is related to architecture engineering.
so after completing diploma in civil engineering a student can do B.tech or B.E in architecture from some of collages except IIT or NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?