1st July 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I study B.Tech and M.Tech after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course? Can I get any good job after completing Diploma?

Hello,
I am doing Civil Engineering Diploma under 'The Institution of Civil Engineers, India'. Can I get good jobs soon after Diploma? Or should I do B.Tech and M.Tech after my Diploma?

Related Questions:
3rd July 2015, 07:47 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study B.Tech and M.Tech after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course? Can I get any good job after completing Diploma?

Yes, you can find many job opportunities after completion of your three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course. But, I suggest you to pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course by appearing in LEET examination as the Graduation is the minimum education qualification for most of the examinations conducted by UPSC, IBPS, etc. So, if you complete Graduation from any recognised university, you can appear in these examinations and you can get good job. So, it is best to pursue your higher studies after completion of your Diploma course.
3rd July 2015, 09:26 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study B.Tech and M.Tech after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course? Can I get any good job after completing Diploma?

Yes you will get a jobs for Diploma holders as per specializations. But if you do B.Tech then the opportunities for your qualification is very high. Thus after M.Tech the Opportunities will be more.

That is the Reason you can do at least B.Tech after completion of Diploma.And one thing you should know is some companies only recruits the candidates in their companies since the competition for those jobs is very high.

So to tolerate that much competition you need to be do " Graduation ". There by you can not only have a chances in Technical Way you can also search for jobs in various departments.

After graduation you will have a chance to apply for " Civil Services " which is the Top most competitive Exam all over India. So try to complete graduation at least.
3rd July 2015, 01:17 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

After diploma b.tech is good option for you. There is a lot of opportunities available for b.tech degree holder. In most of the reputed jobs mostly b.tech degree holders are preferable than diploma holder's. You will get job on the behalf of diploma but you will get low salary package but if you go for b.tech then you will get job with good salary package.

For getting admission in b.tech you have to give Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).
After this entrance exam counselling is needed for getting seat in college.

LEET exam is consist of two part i.e. General Exam & Professional exam.
Questions ask in general exam is from subjects like :- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English.
Questions asked in Professional Exam is from your relevant trade.
3rd July 2015, 04:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study B.Tech course after the completion of Diploma course and after the completion of B.Tech course, you can join in M.Tech course. To get admission in B.Tech course, you should appear for lateral entry exam, by qualifying in such exam, you can directly get admission in second year of Engineering course. And to get admission in M.Tech, you should appear and qualify in GATE or any PGCET exam.
To get a good job, you should have minimum qualification of graduation, first try to complete your graduation, then apply for jobs, which suits your profile.
3rd July 2015, 06:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely get admission on the basis of your diploma engineering if you try. There are many private companies which offer job to diploma engineers and you just have to clear interview which is conducted by the company. You can also apply for various government jobs but you have to clear entrance exam for getting the job. B.Tech can be pursued if you are financially good, if you are not in a state of spending then go for job.
3rd July 2015, 06:59 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

If you go for the job after completing your diploma then you will get low pay scale jobs.

So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the graduation after completing your diploma in the same stream.

After completing your graduation you will be able to get a considerable good pay scaled job.

Also if you go for further study then you can go for the research in your field. The research field is most demanding and has too much scope in every country.

Some of good companies for you are listed as below :

** TATA PROJECTS

** AFCONS

** SOMA

** SOBHA DEVELOPERS.

** B Seenaiah & Co

** DLF Laing O'Rourke

** GVK

** GMR
3rd July 2015, 10:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing Civil Engineering Diploma under 'The Institution of Civil Engineers, India'. Can I get good jobs soon after Diploma? Or should I do B.Tech and M.Tech after my Diploma?
Yeah you can join in B.tech after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering. B.tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and this is a 4 years course and having completed diploma you can join in direct 2nd year.

The needed eligibility for joining in B.tech is, you should have completed +2 from a recognized school board with physics and chemistry as subjects or a 3 years diploma course in Engineering to be eligible.

Top B.Tech Colleges for B.tech in India:
  • IIT, Kharagpur
  • IIT, Kanpur
  • IIT, Bombay
  • IIT, Delhi
  • IIT, Madras
  • IIT, Roorkee
  • IT BHU, Varanasi
  • Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
  • IIT, Guwahati
5th July 2015, 08:05 PM
dhaliwal jatt

hii

--> yes definitely you can proceed for B. tech and then M. tech further.

-->After completion of your diploma course you can directly get admission in B. tech 2nd year through LEET exam.

-->if you want to prefer job after your diploma then you can go for interview or tests in engineering colleges but on the basis of your diploma you can get a job as a lab assistant only.

---> So, according to me you should go for further studies in order to have better career options.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?