27th August 2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Is UGC NET compulsory for teaching Clinical Microbiology?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I opt for between M.Sc in Clinical Microbiology and M.Sc in Clinical Biochemistry having completed B.Sc MLT?
  2. Which is the better choice between M.Tech or PG Diploma in Clinical Research and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology?
  3. Which Post graduation to do after BSc Microbiology? Medical microbiology, applied microbiology and clinical research? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  5. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  6. Is it compulsory to do MCA through regular mode to appear in UGC NET?
  7. Which is a better course between MSc Microbiology and Clinical Research?
  8. How can I get a teaching job after completing M.Sc. in Microbiology in M.P.?
  9. List of the Ph.D topics in medical microbiology or clinical microbiology?
  10. Is it compulsory to take the same subject in NET as taken in PG?
  11. Which course to choose to study in abroad after doing BSc Microbiology between Food Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology?
  12. Which subject should I select in NET after M.Sc Microbiology? Syllabus and books available in marketing? Coaching classes in Pune?
  13. Can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science) if completed M.Sc in Clinical Research? Previous year question papers of CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science)?
  14. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  15. What is the whole syllabus of UGC CSIR NET for life sciences for microbiology?
  16. Can I do MSc in medical microbiology or Ph.D in medical microbiology?
  17. Can I pursue masters in clinical research after B.Sc in microbiology?
  18. Am I eligible to appear for both UGC CSIR NET and UGC NET exam after doing MSc In Marine Science? If I score 55% in BSc Microbiology will I face any problem to appear for lectureship or JRF?
27th August 2015, 09:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is UGC NET compulsory for teaching Clinical Microbiology?

UGC NET score is essential for getting government lecturer jobs in India. If you want job in private institutes as lecturer then UGC NET is not essential but having it will increase your chance of getting job anywhere.

Therefore, you can apply for private colleges if you are qualified in NET. Selection and salary will be according to your credentials.
27th August 2015, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, UGC NET is compulsory for teaching in Clinical Microbiology.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
28th August 2015, 12:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Definitely if you want to teach Clinical microbiology in government colleges as a lecturer then University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is compulsory. University Grants Commission conducts the National Eligibility Test twice every year in June and December respectively for:

1. Lectureship.

2. Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility criteria for the UGC NET examination:

>>In terms of academic qualification, a candidate must hold master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible for the NET examination. Even final year candidates are eligible for the NET examination.

>>You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to be eligible for this exam. 5% relaxation in marks given to candidates of SC/ST category.

>>The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for the lectureship.

If you have any more further query, you can visit www.ugcnetonline.in.
28th August 2015, 01:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the aspirant has finished the PhD then the NET is not required. In some private colleges the NET is also not required Bachelor or a Master's Degree in Clinical Microbiology will be enough. For the post of Assistant Professor in Medical Colleges they required PhD. In the government and government aided colleges. So if you want to pursue your career in teaching in medical field then PhD will be a better choice.
29th August 2015, 05:22 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes UGC NET is compulsory for the job of a teacher in Clinical Microbiology.
You need to apply for the UGC NET and as you will be applying for the Lectureship there will be no age limit for you.
So you need to prepare for the UGC-NET Examination and if you are able to crack the Examination you will be provided a job as a Lecturer in Clinical Microbiology.
31st August 2015, 10:49 PM
namani suresh

hi frnd..
Yes, UGC NET is compulsory for teaching in Clinical Microbiology.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?