17th August 2016, 11:36 PM
sahara yadav

What to choose between AMIE or B.Tech after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?

I am m in doubt that which would be better either doing AMIE or B.tech engineering because I have completed diploma in Civil Engineering. My friends suggesting different thing and my parents are suggesting something different. Request you to guide me. Thanks

18th August 2016, 06:18 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to choose between AMIE or B.Tech after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara yadav View Post
I am m in doubt that which would be better either doing AMIE or B.tech engineering because I have completed diploma in Civil Engineering. My friends suggesting different thing and my parents are suggesting something different. Request you to guide me. Thanks

The B.Tech or BE Civil Engineering will be better course to choose in the engineering graduation over AMIE course. The B.Tech course is a well known course and the value for the course is higher compared to the other courses. The candidate can study the course through lateral entry admission. The candidate will be admitted directly to the second year of the BE or B.Tech program after Diploma in Civil Engineering. They have to appear and clear the Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) conducted for this purpose. The admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance and diploma. So you can choose BE or B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering.
18th August 2016, 07:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to choose between AMIE or B.Tech after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?

B.Tech is far better than AMIE in every respect from curriculum to placement and career opportunities in future. You must do Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering.

Entrance exam for pursuing this course:

1. JEE Main: Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission in NIT for Bachelor of technology. Diploma candidates are not eligible for IIT admission.

2. State level Technical university conducts Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of technology. Minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required for LEET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?