13th April 2023, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

What kind of entrance exam shall i have to give for civil engineering for lateral entry?

I am a resider of meghalaya but currently i'm pursuing my civil engineering diploma course in guwahati(assam), but after completing my diploma i want to do Btech through lateral entry in the state of uttaranchal but i don't know what kind of entrance exam i have to appear in order to get admission in this state and where i have to give the entrance exam? Please guide me because i don't have any idea about it. Please do reply me as early as possible.

26th May 2023, 05:10 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of entrance exam shall i have to give for civil engineering for lateral entry?

The entrance exam requirements for lateral entry into civil engineering programs can vary depending on the country, region, and specific educational institutions. However, in many cases, universities and colleges offering lateral entry into engineering programs require candidates to appear for entrance exams specifically designed for lateral entry admissions.

To determine the specific entrance exam you need to take, it is important to research the institutions you are interested in and check their admission requirements. Here are a few common entrance exams for lateral entry into civil engineering programs in some countries:

1. LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test): LEET is a common entrance exam conducted in India for lateral entry into engineering programs, including civil engineering. The exam is conducted by various state-level technical education boards or universities.

2. ECET (Engineering Common Entrance Test): ECET is another common entrance exam in India for lateral entry into engineering programs. It is conducted by different state-level authorities, such as the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) and the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).

3. JELET (Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry): JELET is conducted in West Bengal, India, for lateral entry into engineering programs. It includes sections on various engineering disciplines, including civil engineering.

4. Some universities or institutions may have their own entrance exams for lateral entry. For example, the Delhi Technological University (DTU) in India conducts the Delhi Technological University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination (DTU LEET) for admission to engineering programs.

It's important to note that the specific exams and their requirements may change over time, so it's recommended to refer to the official websites of the institutions you are interested in or contact their admission departments for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?