27th October 2016, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to apply for 2nd year engineering after completion of diploma course?

sir

i am completed diploma in cse in karnataka i want to do BE in mumbai collage after diploma direct second year how can apply in mumbai collages? Can you please give me the information on the same? What are the steps to be followed? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma? I have just completed my 2nd year in electronics and communication engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the procedure I need to follow to join in marine engineering after completion of diploma course?
  3. Can I apply for NDA after completion of Diploma course?
  4. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Police job after completion of 2nd year diploma?
  7. How to join aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical course?
  8. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  9. Procedure to apply for training in Indian Railways after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in US for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student?
  11. Can I apply for B.Tech 2nd year or 3rd year after completion of diploma in sandwich mode?
  12. Can I apply for job at TCS being a diploma in chemical engineering student?
  13. How can i apply for internship after 2nd year completion of Electronics Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Government jobs anywhere after completion of polytechnic diploma in electrical engineering?
  15. Can I appear in NDA exam being a 20 years old Diploma Metallurgical student? Procedure to join Indian Air Force on Diploma basis?
  16. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  17. How to join NPTI in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma this year? What is the procedure to apply for CET?
  18. What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course?
27th October 2016, 12:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for 2nd year engineering after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir

i am completed diploma in cse in karnataka i want to do BE in mumbai collage after diploma direct second year how can apply in mumbai collages? Can you please give me the information on the same? What are the steps to be followed? Thank you!

For the admission to the 2nd year engineering after completion of diploma course, you should have completed a three years diploma course with at least 50% marks. The admission to the lateral entry will be done separately through a lateral entry entrance examination conducted by the state board of technical education. The admission will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance and diploma. The seats will be allocated through counseling. You have to apply through the lateral entry application form for the admission to B.Tech 2nd year.
27th October 2016, 01:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for 2nd year engineering after completion of diploma course?

You can apply for state level engineering entrance exam for lateral entry admission in second year of engineering degree. If you want to get admission in Mumbai, then you need to apply for MHCET.
Also, college should have lateral entry admission, then only you will get admission. Seats are allotted based on the performance in entrance exam through counselling.
27th October 2016, 04:44 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can get admission in second year of engineering by giving lateral entry exams like LEET, ECET, JELET. After qualifying in these exams you can get admission in a good institution. These are some qualifications for the lateral entry exams:
1. You should have completed your diploma with minimum of 60% marks.
2. You should not have any backlog in diploma.
3. Upper age limit for these exams is 28 years.

It depends on your score that in which college or institution you will get the admission. Thanks
27th October 2016, 08:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of Diploma in CSE, candidates must have to appear in the Entrance examination such as LEET entrance examination. After successfully qualifying in the examination, you can take admission directly in the second year of B.E course in colleges offering the said course.
27th October 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get direct admission in 2nd year of engineering course in Mumbai colleges after completion of three years Diploma course, you have to register for Centralised Admission Process (CAP) which is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. You need to participate in Centralised Admission Process (CAP) and based on your marks scored in 12th standard, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in 2nd year of engineering course.
28th October 2016, 08:10 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you are aspiring for higher studies after completion of your diploma course. You can definitely pursue B.E course and get direct admission in the second year of engineering through lateral entry scheme. You need to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) of Maharashtra to get admission in the colleges located in Mumbai. Apart from this, you can also appear in LEET conducted by the private universities of Mumbai to get admission in them. Admission will be done on the basis of rank secured in LEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?