16th March 2020, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of pursuing a Diploma in Travel and Tourism course?

Respected Sir, I have heard about the Diploma in Travel and Tourism course and I am interested to do this Diploma course. But I don't know about the scope through this course. Can I know what is the scope of this course?

17th March 2020, 10:20 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of pursuing a Diploma in Travel and Tourism course?

Scope of pursuing a Diploma in Travel and Tourism course:-

Jobs:

- Travel agent

- Travel executive

- Travel officer / coordinator

- Tourism manager

- Tourist guide

- Ground staff

- Airlinen staff

- Travel counselor / consultant

- Travel writer

- Tour operator
19th March 2020, 12:46 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of pursuing a Diploma in Travel and Tourism course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have heard about the Diploma in Travel and Tourism course and I am interested to do this Diploma course. But I don't know about the scope through this course. Can I know what is the scope of this course?
After completing Diploma in Travel and Tourism course, you can apply for Job in both government and private jobs. The range of salary and benefits offered by the public sector is better than the private tourism sector. Furthermore, after completing an MBA or PGDM in Tourism Management from a reputed institution, salary packages increase
tremendously.

After an internship or qualification in this sector, you can expect a starting salary of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 per month. Salary packages will start up to 60,000 in the aviation and airline industries.

Salary increases with experience, but the better packages are offered if you pursue an MBA in this field. An MBA graduate should expect an average pay of up to Rs. 80,000 a month for the tourism industry.

So, I suggest you to apply for higher studies in Travel and Tourism course after Diploma.
19th March 2020, 12:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You can check the scope of Diploma in Travel and Tourism course here-

In private sector, one may work for travel agencies, tour operators, travel consultants, Airlines, airports, travel and ticketing websites, visa and travel document service firms, hotels and resorts, tourist information offices, cruise lines etc.

Salary-
Average starting salary is between 10 to 15 thousand rupees per month.
In case of government job, the salary will be based on pay band and scale.
20th March 2020, 11:47 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Jobs available after pursuing Diploma in Travel and Tourism course are as follows:-

:- Travel Writter

:- Travel Operator

:- Tourist Guide

:- Airline Staff

:- Tourism Manager
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?