6th November 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Will 64% in 10th and 49% in 12th affect my chances of appear for CAT exam?

sir i have got in 10th 64% but in intermediate got 49%.....will it effect in giving cat exam???

13th November 2011, 12:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will 64% in 10th and 49% in 12th affect my chances of appear for CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have got in 10th 64% but in intermediate got 49%.....will it effect in giving cat exam???
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's Every Year. The Notification of CAT Examination will be Published In the Month of August Every Year and the examination will be held in the Month of November/December.

For this year CAT Examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for CAT Examination was also Over.

The examination of CAT was Already Started, You can Only give CAT Examination Through Computer Based, There are 2 Sections in CAT and You have to cracked both these section with Good Percentile, Only then you will get admission in top Business schools.

To apply for CAT Examination, You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University with Minimum 50% Marks.

Final Year appearing candidates are also apply for CAT Examination, So Only graduate degree percentage will Matters in CAT Examination. So please complete your Graduate degree course and then apply for CAT Examination and for More Information please check official website :

http://catiim.in
13th November 2011, 01:15 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will 64% in 10th and 49% in 12th affect my chances of appear for CAT exam?

Hello,
CAT(Common Aptitude Test) conducted by AIIMA,every year in the Month of November/December.
Your CAT score card is much more valuable than your previous year Results..Do not worry about high school percentage,the Requirements to appear in CAT-
*Graduation from affiliated institute in any stream,with Minimum qualifying Marks.
So,start your preparations from First year onwards.For more information on cat you can visit the official site-www.catiim.in
Ok,Best of luck.
13th November 2011, 01:30 PM
tejesh_09

CAT- COMMON ADMISSION TEST exam conducted by IIM for pushing study in Management courses does not have any criteria for 10th or 12th percentage of marks.

Those who has completed graduation with at least 50% marks in any stream from a recognised University is eligible to apply for CAT. Final year graduation appearing student can also apply for CAT.

For more information you may visit official web site of CAT i.e. www.catiim.in
13th November 2011, 01:31 PM
tejesh_09

CAT- COMMON ADMISSION TEST exam conducted by IIM for pushing study in Management courses does not have any criteria for 10th or 12th percentage of marks.

Those who has completed graduation with at least 50% marks in any stream from a recognised University is eligible to apply for CAT. Final year graduation appearing student can also apply for CAT.

For more information you may visit official web site of CAT i.e. www.catiim.in
13th November 2011, 02:39 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the eligibility criterion for CAT(Common Admission Test) examination is candidates should have graduation degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks for general category candidates. for reserved category candidates the percentage of marks criterion requirement is 45%. 10th and 12th percentage of marks is not required to appear in CAT examination.

so after completion of your 12th you have to take admission in graduation in any stream according to your interest. in the graduation your percentage of marks should be more than 50% then you will be eligible for CAT examination. final year students of graduation are also eligible provided they will get their certificate in the month of June of the next year.

for this year 2011 registration for CAT examination is already closed. now the examination is going on from 22nd October to 18th November, 2011. to know all the eligibility criterion for CAT examination visit the official website http://www.catiim.in/ this website contains all details about CAT examination.

best of luck.
13th November 2011, 04:00 PM
madhu madne

Arrow Re: Will 64% in 10th and 49% in 12th affect my chances of appear for CAT exam?

Hi

you are eligible for the CAT.
Eligibility Criteria :
1.Graduate having 55%
2.not consider 12th marks
3.not consider 10th marks

ALL THE BEST
14th November 2011, 01:47 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

the eligibility criterion for CAT(Common Admission Test) examination is candidates should have graduation degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks for general category candidates. for reserved category candidates the percentage of marks criterion requirement is 45%. 10th and 12th percentage of marks is not required to appear in CAT examination.

so after completion of your 12th you have to take admission in graduation in any stream according to your interest. in the graduation your percentage of marks should be more than 50% then you will be eligible for CAT examination. final year students of graduation are also eligible provided they will get their certificate in the month of June of the next year.

for this year 2011 registration for CAT examination is already closed. now the examination is going on from 22nd October to 18th November, 2011. to know all the eligibility criterion for CAT examination visit the official website http://www.catiim.in/ this website contains all details about CAT examination.

best of luck.
14th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a important component in selecting students for the business administration programs in The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).

CAT Eligibility

1.>The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.

2.>The Marks Relaxation as:-

For SC/ST/PD is requered 45% .

CAT SYLLABUS :-

QUANTITATIVE:

Arithmetic-

Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar.

Algebra-

In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry
Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.

Other Mathematical Topics:

Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Binomial Expansion, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers, etc.

DATA INTERPRETATION:

Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.

REASONING:

Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.

ENGLISH:

Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.

Also follow the best books for CAT

After scoring a good Percentile you can go for any one of the listed bellow college.

The Top Best MBA Institute:-

1.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A),Ahmedabad,www.iimahd.ernet.in

2.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-B),Bangalore, www.iimb.ernet.in

3.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-C),Kolkata,www.iimcal.ac.in

4.>Indian School of Business (ISB),Hyderabad,www.isb.edu

5.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-L),Lucknow,www.iiml.ac.in

6.>Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI),Jamshedpur,www.xlri.ac.in

7.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-I),Indore,www.iimidr.ac.in

8.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-K),Kozhikode, www.iimk.ac.in

9.>IIM-A Agri Business Management (ABM),Ahmedabad,www.iimahd.ernet.in

10.>IIM-L Agri Business Management (ABM),Lucknow, www.iiml.ac.in

The CAT offical Home Site:- www.catiim.in/

Also see the attachment it will help you at the time of Registration.

best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT reg_guide.pdf(1.89 MB, 73 views)
15th November 2011, 10:38 PM
dr.shekhr

HI dear,

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's Every Year. The Notification of CAT Examination will be Published In the Month of August Every Year and the examination will be held in the Month of November/December.

For this year CAT Examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for CAT Examination was also Over.

The examination of CAT was Already Started, You can Only give CAT Examination Through Computer Based, There are 2 Sections in CAT and You have to cracked both these section with Good Percentile, Only then you will get admission in top Business schools.

To apply for CAT Examination, You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University with Minimum 50% Marks.

Final Year appearing candidates are also apply for CAT Examination, So Only graduate degree percentage will Matters in CAT Examination. So please complete your Graduate degree course and then apply for CAT Examination and for More Information please check official website :

http://catiim.in

Thnks
16th November 2011, 08:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

Thanks
28th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Any chances for me to get admission in iim if i get more than 99 percentile in cat, my 10,12 and btech percentage are 67,60 and 67??
18th June 2013, 09:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Firstly you need to know that to sit for CAT you need to be a graduate first. With your class 12 marks you wont be allowed to sit for the CAT exam in the first place. So my suggestion to you would be that first complete graduation from a recognized university and then prepare for the exam side by side.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted by the IIMs in turn. The CAT Score can not only be used to study in IIM but also in other top B-Schools as well. CAT is undoubtedly one of the most sought after MBA Entrance Examination.

As said earlier that to appear for CAT you need to complete graduation first. The stream you choose is of little significance here. Even final year candidates who are about to sit for their final qualifying exam or awaiting the result of their final exam can also apply.

At graduation level you need to score at least 50% of marks in aggregate if you are a general category candidate. For the SC/ST/PWD Candidates the percentage to secure is 45% of marks in aggregate.

The selection procedure consists of the following stages:-
  1. Written Examination
  2. Group Discussion
  3. Interview Session

The selection procedure varies from one institute to the other. Some prefers to let the students apart from sitting for the CAT exam go through a group discussion round and personal interview session. There are some institutes which even gives importance to overall academic background and work experience.

There will be two sections in the written examination: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. For each exam 70 minutes have been allotted and there will be an onscreen timer to calculate the time. From each section 30 questions will be asked in total.

CAT Exam Books To Follow:-

## CAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers (With CD) (Paperback)
by Deepak Agarwal, Shipra
Publisher: Disha Publication

## Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test (Paperback)
by Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing

## Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback)
by Sarvesh K Verma
Publisher: Arihant Publications

## How to Crack Test of Arithmetic in All Competitive Exams (Paperback)
by Richa Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

## How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?