26th November 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Is AICTE approval necessary for educational loan?

dear sir
i m form vit vellore chennai campus my university is ugc approved but they cant provide aicte approval to me for cource of M.C.A.
and sbi bank's wants aicte apprval...can i take educational loan for my ugc basis
or i dnt?
plzz tell me

regars
chandan mishra

12th December 2013, 11:20 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Exclamation Re: Is AICTE approval necessary for educational loan?

Education loan has become the backbone of modern day education in India and various other countries. It has not only facilitated education but also increased its standards globally. Now the craze of studying more and more and getting educated can be seen all throughout the world.

There are various norms which one has to satisfy to get an education loan sanctioned. One such norm is to get an education loan for any technical degree course in India, one has to produce the document of AICTE approval of the institute. There are various institutes being opened up at a rapid pace which do not have the proper accreditation and conduct various technical courses and in the end up making the candidates fool by not giving proper placement or charging high fees. So to restrict that, AICTE is formed to maintain an uniformity in the technical education system of India and monitor it properly.

State Bank of India is very particular and strict regarding the terms and conditions of the education loan. So if you cannot produce the copy of AICTE approval certificate of your institute you will not get the loan sanctioned. You should ask your institution to provide you a copy of the AICTE approval certificate or give a letter concerning approval of AICTE for the course. If it is approved they will surely give it to you. Otherwise you need to approach the private banks especially the non-Nationalized ones since the Nationalized ones are also strict with the loan terms and conditions.

AICTE approval certificate of your institute you will not get the loan sanctioned. You should ask your institution to provide you a copy of the AICTE approval certificate or give a letter concerning approval of AICTE for the course. If it is approved they will surely give it to you. Otherwise you need to approach the private banks especially the non-Nationalized ones since the Nationalized ones are also strict with the loan terms and conditions.
16th January 2014, 04:08 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is AICTE approval necessary for educational loan?

You are eligible for the education loan only on the basis of merit score. Spanning from graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programs in India, students can get loans provided the courses are affiliated with AICTE. Certificate courses from recognized affiliated institutes and evening courses certified by government in India are eligible for the loan. If your course fee is between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, you need a guarantor who promises to pay the amount in case you fail to pay back the loan. You need documents like passport size photo, income proof/latest income tax return, last 6 months bank account statements during the sanctioning.
25th April 2014, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

is Educational Loan Provided for Distance Learning or E Learning Course ?? If Such, which banks are providing the loan ? If the university is UGC approved whether loan to be offered ??

Tara Prasad,
Bhubaneswar
21st October 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

How I get the approval certificate of AICTE of the institute which I studying
21st June 2017, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Today I ask the bank manager(SBI) for education loan but he said that the institute must be UGC approved but where I am applying the institute is AICTE approved...should I gave him the AICTE paper? ?
1st December 2019, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

I ask the bank manager(SBI) for education loan but he said that the institute must be UGC approved but where I am applying the institute is AICTE approved...should I gave him the AICTE paper?
12th January 2020, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir , I study in AICTE approved college (RTU kota) . So can l get education loan.
12th January 2020, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I study in RTU kota AICTE approved college. So can I get education loan....

Your obediently
Chetan Kumar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?