22nd July 2015, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Education Loan if getting scholarship to study M.Tech through GATE?

Dear Friends,
I haven't take Education Loan for my B.Tech course so I don't have any idea about it. I want to study M.Tech and I am preparing for GATE. If suppose I win scholarship for doing M.Tech then also I am eligible to apply for Bank Education Loan?

29th July 2015, 01:27 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Education Loan if getting scholarship to study M.Tech through GATE?

No you will not be eligible for a Bank Loan if you get a Scholarship.
You can get an Educational Loan only if the Scholarship is not for the entire amount of the course fees.
If the total Tuition Fees are not covered by your Scholarship then you are eligible to apply for the Educational Loan for the remaining amount of the tuition fees.
So everything depends on the type of Scholarship that you will be provided.
7th August 2015, 03:28 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for Education Loan if getting scholarship to study M.Tech through GATE?

Dear Friend..

Yes you can apply for Education Loan if getting scholarship to study M. Tech through GATE..

Since Education loan is provided by the bank.. and they don't bother whether you are getting scholarship or not.. The only thing they require is Admission letter.. if you have they will sanctioned your loan after verification is done..

On the other hand the scholarship is provided by AICTE.. and it does not depend whether you take any education loan or not..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?