15th May 2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?

Hi,
I want an Education Loan of about Rs. 15 Lacs for study in UK. I have read all about Loan rates and all but I am confused about what is Margin i.e., given by every Bank as 15% and about Repayment of Loan. Kindly tell me what are these terms?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  2. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?
  3. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  4. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  5. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Financial assistance to complete BE course?
  7. Education Loan scheme of Bank of Baroda to study B.Tech course?
  8. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  9. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  10. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan to study M.Sc in Clinical Research in Canada or UK?
  11. Detailed information about the Bank Education Loan to study B.Pharmacy?
  12. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  13. Education Loan scheme of Allahabad Bank to study MS in Germany?
  14. Colleges offering BDS course with Education Loan in India? Detailed information about Guarantee in Education Loan scheme?
  15. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech in IIT?
  16. What is the rules of Repayment of Education Loan in Bank of India if a candidate doesn't get placement after completing education?
  17. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  18. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
23rd May 2015, 01:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?

The margin is the security deposit to the bank for the education loan. A margin of 15% means the 15% of the total loan sanctioned has to be borne by you. You need to submit 15 % of the total disbursement amount of each installment to the bank. Indirectly it means you will get 15% lesser loan amount than the amount sanctioned.

The repayment has to start once you get a job or after six months completion from the end of your study course whichever is earlier. You have to approach the same bank and write an application to the concerned ban for repayment. Then you need to choose a tenure like 3 years or 5 years or 7 years as per your convenience and report it to the bank. Then there will be few formalities to be undertaken after which you can start repayment of your education loan.
26th July 2019, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?

What is the process of increasing education loan tenure and a source to know all about my education loan details because bank not gives proper reason. And information .so please give me a proper site and contact details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?