10th April 2015, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Does Bank charges Interest rates of sum rupees sanctioned in Education Loan during 1st year of MBA if the tuition fee is lesser than total amount?

Friends,
I need a Education Loan of Rs. 5.75 Lacs for my MBA but in 1st year I need only Rs. 2.5 Lacs as a Tuition fee. As the Bank sanction the complete tuition fee in one time so will they charge the interest rate for complete Rs. 5.75 Lacs in the first year of my MBA?

Related Questions:
  1. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  2. Interest is charged upon total sanctioned amount or only the used amount?
  3. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  4. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  5. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest?
  6. How much amount will be sanctioned in Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA?
  7. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  8. Is there any difference in interest rate charges to study MBA in India and in Abroad?
  9. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Central Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy(CSIS) - 2014
  11. MBBS Scholarships for studies in Foreign country?
  12. Banks offering Education Loan with low interest rates to study MBA in IIM through CAT?
  13. Is education loan possible for expenses other than tuition fees?
  14. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US?
  15. Can I get increased amount if my college fee is increased having sanctioned Education Loan of Rs. 3.6 Lacs from State Bank of Patiala?
  16. Will I get benefits of Hostel and other allowances in Bank Education Loan if study B.Tech in other state?
  17. Detailed fee structure of MCA course at any decent institute including hostel charges? Upto how much bank can pay as Education Loan?
  18. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
15th April 2015, 08:19 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Bank charges Interest rates of sum rupees sanctioned in Education Loan during 1st year of MBA if the tuition fee is lesser than total amount?

No, the bank will not charge interest for the entire loan amount from the beginning. It will charge interest on the loan amount which has been disbursed to you. For example : If you have taken a loan of 5.75 lakhs and you took 2.5 lakhs from bank for the first year of your MBA course, the bank will charge interest on 2.5 lakhs for the first year. Then again in the second year when you take the rest of the amount as loan thereby your loan amount going to 5.75 lakhs the bank will charge interest on 5.75 lakhs from the second year. Interest will be charged only on the amount which has been disbursed to you as loan.
17th April 2015, 08:39 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Does Bank charges Interest rates of sum rupees sanctioned in Education Loan during 1st year of MBA if the tuition fee is lesser than total amount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I need a Education Loan of Rs. 5.75 Lacs for my MBA but in 1st year I need only Rs. 2.5 Lacs as a Tuition fee. As the Bank sanction the complete tuition fee in one time so will they charge the interest rate for complete Rs. 5.75 Lacs in the first year of my MBA?

Bank charge the Education Loan as per the tuition fee required by the College. They do not sanction the whole amount at an once. So, while applying for the Loan you have to pay the ledger of the Tuition fee so that the Loan can be sanctioned as per the tuition feel amount. So, if your Tuition fee is paid in 2 installment then the bank will sanction you the amount in 2 installments only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?