14th May 2019, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

How can I claim tax rebate under Bank of India Education Loan taken by my son?

Hello everyone, my son has taken an education loan from Bank of India for his MBA course. He has completed course and now I am being his father repaying the amount of education loan which was taken by him. I want to claim tax rebate on this loan. Kindly tell me what I have to do?

9th June 2019, 01:10 PM
Incredible Chinnu

Default Re: How can I claim tax rebate under Bank of India Education Loan taken by my son?

Yes you can claim tax benefit on Education loan under 80E as per income tax act. Even if you availed the limit of Rs.150000 under section 80c.

And eligible persons under this claim are individuals,parents and also legal guardians.

But you can claim under this claim only interest portion not on principal.

You need to bring a certificate which shows principal and interest separately.

You can claim.ineteest you have paid in the financial year uNder 80 E.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?