9th December 2015, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?

Hello,
My Brother had taken Educational Loan from UBI for Higher education of our sister. Now I am repaying the amount to the bank. The loan basically in on my brother and sister name combined. Now how can I claim tax rebate for the interest that I've been paying?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  2. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to get Tax Rebate against education loan for my brother's education?
  4. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  5. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  6. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  7. Between Principal and Interest amount on which I can claim Tax rebate on Education Loan?
  8. Can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan being an employee of Tata Motors?
  9. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  10. Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?
  11. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What does rebate means in Education Loan? Benefits in Tax?
  13. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  14. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  15. Detailed information about Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India?
  16. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  17. Can I apply for Education Loan for my brother’s education if having no IT file and Mortgage?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan on the same property in which my brother has already taken?
12th December 2015, 12:05 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?

The matter is quite complex, however, there is nothing to worry as the solution is simple.

- First of all, if you are paying through cash payment mode, you cannot claim for tax benefit as you do not have a valid proof that you are paying the loan.
- You need to get it transferred from your account to the loan account or link your account with the loan account.
- Then you need to get the statement proof from the financial organization which is UBI concerning the loan repayment from your account.
- You can submit the proof and get the tax benefit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?