23rd March 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs for travelling and living expenses for PhD candidate of Abroad?

Respected Sir,
I have got admission for PhD course in Abroad. And also I have got scholarship to cover-up my tuition fee. But I need money for travelling and living expenses and it will cost approximately Rs. 7 Lacs, I require per year. Can I get this Rs. 7 Lacs from any Bank as an Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Abroad for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan and having Credit Card with HDFC Salary Bank Account?
  2. Whether a Bank offer Education Loan to study MBA including miscellaneous expenses?
  3. Banks cannot sponsor Education Loan more than Rs.10 Lacs? Possibility to do Pilot Training Course which costs Rs.20 Lacs?
  4. Possibility to apply for an Education Loan from 2 different banks for Abroad studies?
  5. Should I apply for Education Loan in Financial Institution to study MS in Germany if the amount is above Rs. 20 Lacs?
  6. Which bank can provide me education loan of 2.5 lacs for the hidden charges of my MS course in USA?
  7. Should I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in Abroad if managed Rs. 10 Lacs?
  8. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Documents required to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16.5 Lacs to study MBA in Abroad?
  10. Possibility to apply for an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs if already taken which has limit of B.Tech 1st year? Procedure to apply?
  11. List of Banks offering an Education Loan of Rs. 25 Lacs to study MBA in UK?
  12. Can I get Bank Education Loan of overall expenses to study MS in Abroad?
  13. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  14. Should I apply for an Education Loan from both Credila and Bank of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS(Pharmacy) in US? -- [New]
  15. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 6.75 Lacs to study MBA without Immovable property?
  16. Can I get an education loan of Rs. 35 Lacs to study Aerospace Engineering in Abroad as my father died?
  17. How can I avail an Education Loan of Rs.24 Lacs to study MS in Abroad?
  18. Is it possible to apply an education loan from 2 different banks for Abroad studies?
25th March 2016, 12:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs for travelling and living expenses for PhD candidate of Abroad?

You cannot get the entire 7 lakhs as your education loan. However, you can get a certain amount of the 7 lakhs. This is because the travelling expense is not included in the education loan. Hence you need to shell out money from your own pocket to meet the expense of your travel. If it is travel related to studies and you get an acknowledgement receipt for that, then you can claim it through education loan. Rest living expenses like Hostel and Mess fees, institutional charges, Books/Laptop cost will come under the scheme of education loan and you can get the money sanctioned for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?