13th August 2021, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the details of subsidy scheme of Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan?

I have heard about subsidy scheme. But I really don’t know what it is? Actually I am going to apply an education loan in Jammu & Kashmir Bank for studying my MS in Abroad. So, I got the paper regarding this subsidy scheme but don’t know about this. Please explain me what it is?

15th August 2021, 12:50 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: What are the details of subsidy scheme of Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan?

Details:

• Indian National. Borrower must be an Indian National.

• Course. Higher education course.

• 10+2 pass. 10+2 qualified with minimum aggregate marks.

Institute. Admission to recognized university.
15th August 2021, 12:50 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the details of subsidy scheme of Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan?

What are the details of the subsidy scheme of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan:-

There is no margin charged for up to 4Lacs and above 4Lacs the margin charged is 5%. The maximum Loan Limit is 10Lacs. The maximum repayment loan period is 15 years.

No collateral security for loan amount up to INR 4 Lacs
15th August 2021, 04:32 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The ministry of minority affairs, the government of India has mapped out a new interest subsidy scheme "Padho Pradesh" under the Prime Minister's New 15 point program. The conditions for interest subsidy are given below.

--> This scheme is applicable for higher studies abroad and the interest subsidy will be linked with the existing education loan scheme and restricted to students who are enrolled for PG, MPhil, and PhD courses.

--> This scheme shall be available to eligible students only once, either for a Master's degree or PhD course. This would not be applicable to those students who either discontinued the course in mid-stream due to any reason or those who are expelled from the institutions.

--> If students are found to have obtained the subsidy by false statement/certificates, the subsidy will be withdrawn and the amount of the subsidy paid shall be recovered with penal interest, apart from taking criminal action as per law.

--> The students obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be given the interest subsidy if he gives up Indian citizenship during the tenure of the loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?