12th July 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

What kind of securities are required to apply for SBI education loan?

Sir, I have got 7000 rank in KIITEE and I am willing to take admission in B.Tech but it is not possible for my family to pay its fee expense. So, I want to take an Education Loan but my father's income is Rs. 90,000 per annum. Please help me to know what kind of securities requires to apply an Education Loan in SBI?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch of SBI should I approach for an education loan at Luknow? Securities, collateral required and Loan tenure?
  2. What should I lend as Securities and collateral to get an education loan from SBI bank?
  3. What kind of securities are required to get an Education Loan in State Bank of India? Documents required to apply?
  4. Securities required to apply for an Education Loan in Andhra Bank to study in IIM?
  5. What kind of securities required to get Education Loan in Allahabad Bank for studying MBBS under management quota?
  6. What kind of securities are required to get an Education Loan in Allahabad Bank to study B.Tech under Management quota?
  7. Securities and collateral required for an education loan of 5 lakh from PNB? What will be the maximum Loan tenure?
  8. Procedure to apply for an education loan against Securities? Terms and conditions required for it?
  9. List of securities on which a bank can grant an education loan
  10. Securities required to apply for an Education Loan in Allahabad to get admission under Management quota?
  11. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  12. How to apply online for an education loan while studying in Ukraine at SBI? Necessary documents required for it?
  13. What are the securities and collateral required to get an education loan from IDBI?
  14. Rules and regulations to apply for an education loan at SBI? Current interest rate of SBI for an education loan to study in Abroad?
  15. Percentage required in Graduation to apply for SBI Education Loan to study MBA?
  16. Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?
  17. Possibility to apply for an education loan under SBI student loan scheme to study from KIIT? Documents required for it? -- [New]
  18. How long does it takes for approval application form of an education loan from SBI?
15th July 2016, 09:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of securities are required to apply for SBI education loan?

There are different conditions for amount of loans:

For sanction of education loan upto Rs 4 lac rupees: No security is required.

For sanction of education loan from 4 lacs to seven lacs: Guarantor is required.

For education loans above 7 lacs: Security is required. Security can be either papers of fized deposit, original land papers etc.
16th July 2016, 01:01 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of securities are required to apply for SBI education loan?

State Bank of India only asks for securities or collateral when amount of loan to be sanctioned is above 7.5 lacs rupees. For amount of education above this amount, you will have to give any collateral.

The collateral can be any fixed deposit of good amount, gold bonds, original papers of property or land etc. You can submit any of these as security for availing loan above 7.5 lacs rupees.
16th July 2016, 01:33 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The securities for applying for education loan from State Bank of India can be any of the following things:

Fixed deposits.

Land or flat property original documents.

LIC bonds with majority of premiums paid.

Gold bonds or ornaments etc.
16th July 2016, 02:52 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the loan amount and the concerned bank from which you are seeking education loan regarding the securities to apply for education loan. Since you want education loan from SBI, so mortgage will be required for loan amount beyond 4.5 lakhs. For other banks, mortgage is required for loan above 7.5 lakhs. For mortgage, the security which is usually asked by bank are - land, building, vehicle, government bonds, term deposits, LICs, NSCs, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?