4th December 2009, 01:12 AM
rakeshgarcha

Options for non-medical students after 12th? How about biotechnology and civil engineering?

My Q. is that my daughter is in 12th grade with non-med, she wants to go for bio-technology. Is there any entrance test for getting addmission or u get admission on the basis of marks u get in 12th. What is the scope of jobs after this. She lives in Chandigarh (India).

2nd Q. is she is good at drawing, one time she had made her mind to go for Architect course. then somebody told her u won't find job. One of my friend who is a Civil engineer, says go for Civil engineering and opt for designs etc. Will this be a good option. She wants a inside job does'nt want to go in the field.

Pl. advice the best options.

thanks

13th December 2009, 12:45 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Options for non-medical students after 12th? How about biotechnology and civil engineering?

ans 1) she can appear for VITEE,WBJEE,AIEEE through these entrance's non-medical students will be eligible for biotech courses.

ans2) yes you will not get job after doing architech 'only if' you have done it from 'alto-falto' institutes,otherwise you will surely get good job.
because architech is not a child play only talented persons get jobs.

b.tech (civil) is also a good option,there's nothing to think just gi for it.
14th December 2009, 03:55 AM
rakeshgarcha

Default Re: Options for non-medical students after 12th? How about biotechnology and civil engineering?

Thanks Faiyaz for yr advice. She is preparing for AIEEE and I hope she will get admission in biotech course.

thanks again.
14th December 2009, 08:19 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

civil is the only booming sector today.
its the best and most lucrative field to opt for,
she need not go to field,she can opt an job in consulting or planning department where she can do an in side job,
14th December 2009, 12:43 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

for going into bio tech she can write all engineering exams and during counseling she may take bio tech as her field .....
about civil.....it has got a lot of field work...and it has a larger scope outside India.......
she may even opt it ......all engineering fields are good it is just that you should have the aptitude and attitude..........

best of luck
14th December 2009, 11:16 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Ya there are many universities and institutions offering biotechnology as a bachelor programme where common entrance tests are conducted by the deemed universities and engineering entrance exams are conducted at the national level and the admissions are made to the top colleges on the basis of ranking.
Taking architect course is a great idea but it mainly depends on her interpersonal skills and instantious thinking. Moreover it also depends on the institutions she would pursue her course. Architecturally, interior designing and constructions are presently in bloom.
15th December 2009, 09:04 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

the civil engineering students are the ones who are getting 100% placement
15th December 2009, 03:21 PM
sarvenkatg

You are asking for your daughter, so i m suggesting you to go for Civil enggineering, as she s talented in archi,.. if you are asking for your son means i will suggest you Mech...
wherever you go you should be the best,.. then only you can get credits,...

All the best to your Daughter's feature,...
15th December 2009, 08:57 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

she can appear in sate pets ,aiee,iit exams and can do engineering in BIOTECHNOLOGY,or in civil engineering,but i will suggest your daughter to pursue her carrier in civil engg.it has a great scope now and it is a evergreen branch.
15th December 2009, 10:00 PM
shweta guleria

she can appear for VITEE,WBJEE,AIEEE.
she can also gave a paper of biotecnology even i am doing this
15th December 2009, 11:02 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

civil engineering is very good option ,the opportunities are unlimited in this field
30th December 2009, 08:49 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Hi, I am very interested to know that your daughter has keen interest in drawing and i better suggest after reading your question that you apply in FTII for the Animation and
Computer Graphics (One and a half Year Certificate Course) as it has more in demand and good for your daughter that it is inside job not field job and also interesting field.
The link is <www.ftiiindia.com>
5th January 2010, 05:34 PM
Abhilash Bachulinge

you can get more details
about civil engineering
on this web site
http://www.oilcareers.com/regions/732/SAUDIARABIA_civil.asp

carrier options
> SENIOR CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
> SENIOR CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
> SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
> LEAD PROCESS ENGINEER
> SENIOR C & A ENGINEER

etc

good luck
8th January 2010, 05:41 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hello sir i will agree with your friends suggestion your daughter should go for civil engineering as it got lot of scope ahead.
15th January 2010, 09:25 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

ask you daughter to do course like construction management and project management,because in these courses you need not go to field,
all the best
15th January 2010, 11:35 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi friend,

she can write several exams like:

AIEEE
IIT-JEE
VITEEE

and get into some best colleges like NIT's and IIT's and can do biotechnology.

it has a very wide scope in the coming future,so go for it.
31st January 2010, 05:28 PM

my q is what to do after 12th class as i have no interest iny field accept cricket,but i feel that i will not able to carry on in this field as i am playing in school so please help me in such a difficult situation (im rahul of amritsar)
9th February 2010, 10:35 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

both is very good courses,
but she is very intrested in drawing then suggest her to go for civil engineering.
for this tell her to sit in the aieee exam or other state exam for engineering.
10th March 2010, 11:50 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

she can go foe BSc bio technology.... And can do her PG in the same stream ... Or else civil engg is also a good professional course.. She can also try for fashion technology, designing...
11th March 2010, 11:54 PM
rednam

civil engineering is the best field for any student to take today and it is also the best field for future and thats why i will advice to prefer civil and not all civil engineers work in the field
13th March 2010, 12:28 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hey friend,
both are the very good question,
there is no any problem for doing biotechnology if she have no biology,
she can takes the admission in biotechnology after giving the engineering entrance exam test
o k
all the best
13th April 2010, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

i am a non-medical student of class 12th and i am still confused about the line i need to choose for myself after 12th.......... please help me out and suggest me......please! what are the options..........
15th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th class.I want to know the other options in non-medical leaving engineering ??
26th April 2010, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

can non medical student go for b.b.a
29th April 2010, 06:43 PM
quddus

Hi friend...............

There are many entrance exams like wbjee,aieee,vittee. where your daughter are eligible instead of having non-medical in 12. Dont go with others my friend because you cannot satisfy from anything. Do what your daughter want for her better future.
All the best and thank you!
4th May 2010, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

i red in class 1 and have opted for non medical and wanted to be a software engineer and dont know the colleges or universties offering this subject.i also wanted to know that which exams should i give after 2?
5th May 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I have jst given 2 exams wid non med stream........n i dont wanna go fr engineering .......
hows d scope in B.Sc.hons biotechnology....????
plzzzzzzzzz..............help me..............m nt getin anything...............
6th May 2010, 02:31 AM
edward
Top Answerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th class.I want to know the other options in non-medical leaving engineering ??
hey friend except engineering you can go for B.sc with different courses,you can join defense,you can go for some commerce stream courses like :-

BBA
BCA
BBM
BHM
BMS and many more.........

so choose the one in which you are more interested...........
6th May 2010, 03:07 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I have jst given 2 exams wid non med stream........n i dont wanna go fr engineering .......
hows d scope in B.Sc.hons biotechnology....????
plzzzzzzzzz..............help me..............m nt getin anything...............
Yes there is lots of scope in biotechology. Its an emerging career and most of them consider biotechnology as a rewarding career.

Someone quoted biotechonology thats its in the league of Engineering, Medical courses.

So with this i guess you must have come to know the scope of biotech.

There are lots of job for biotech sectors like you can work in pharmaceutical companies and even later after you can do your MSc or MTech which can really give you a boost in your career

Cheers
6th May 2010, 11:42 AM
dattatreya sitaram

opting biotechnology branch is a clever desicion because it will have a great demand in the coming years. and those who opt biothecnology will definetly have cheerfull future and these aspirants can also do research in the same field in leading instiutes in our country or in the foreign. and at the same time it good for both the girls&boys where as civil is good for boys than for girls

think peacefully and take a better desicion,thank you

ok, ALL THE BEST
12th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

what are all the courses after passing from 12th non-medical
15th May 2010, 10:45 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi
i want to know.....why she is too much eagar to take the biotechnology.....for the biotechnology you must have biology in the 12th,
but according to me tell her to opt civil engineering as she is very good in drawing.
17th May 2010, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

My name is logesh. I score only 873 marks 12th public exam.I belongs to a non medical group. will you please give me a better option to choose my carrer?
18th May 2010, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hi
i want to know about future in biotechnology..........i've given entrance exams for engineering..........are there gud placements for biotech engineering?? pls help me.... i am very confused...pls also tell me about textile engineering
21st May 2010, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

hi
recently, i have completed my 12th in non-med & i don't know which field (courses or engineering )
is best for me really i am very confused........... every one is giving different views
plz help me...........plz also tell me mechanical or electrical engineering which is best for me
(i am suzana from haryana)
22nd May 2010, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

hi friends`this is kamal from himachal.keen 2 do chem. engg.hv gud marks in 12th.sure about poor result in comp.exams.can u pleeeeez ttell
tell me how i can get a gud college with my gud 12th marks(in southern india).anything else 2 do in sci.?apart from science what else?what about media or tourism?
22nd May 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hi
recently, i have completed my 11th in non-med & i donot know what can i do after 12th
i don't know which field (courses or engineering )
is best for me really i am very confused........... every one is giving different views
plz help me...........plz also tell me mechanical or electrical engineering which is best for me
(i am mat chauhan from haryana)
23rd May 2010, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

hey frnz i want to knw if i didnt gt gud marks in aieee ten hw can i do biotechnology plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me
25th May 2010, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

hi
recently, i have completed my 11th in non-med & i donot know what can i do after 12th
i don't know which field (courses or engineering,I am very intrested in psychology)
plz help me...........plz also tell me b.tec which is best for me
(i am mat chauhan from haryana)
26th May 2010, 12:15 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey friend you can go for the various courses like :-

enineering
NDA
merchant navy

some courses in commerce field are :-
BBA
BCA
BHM
BMS

biotechnology is also a good course but right now i dont think there is a good future for it but civil engineering is having a good future,so if you want to go for it then apply for it.....

best of luck
28th May 2010, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

I have just passed 12th with 75% marks in non-med. Now, which career options r available for me except enginneering ?
Could u guide me about the courses?
28th May 2010, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are all the courses after passing from 12th non-medical ...........!!!
I AM AN AVERAGE STUDENT..........
2nd June 2010, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i have 1 lakh 18 thousand rank in aieee so which college will i get admission in ECE
5th June 2010, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

thanks for helping us
5th June 2010, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

hi... my brother is doing 12th with non medical . so i want to know that what he do after his 12th .which stream is better for him?
6th June 2010, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

hey em aashi frm delhi
em nt getyn wat to do...em frm sci stream...i wanna do biotech bt mere pas bio nai thi 12th mei to i guess usme hona .. nt possible.....
plz sugges me sumthyn n shud b relatd to chem or drawin
6th June 2010, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have 1 lakh 18 thousand rank in aieee so which college will i get admission in ECE
Its tough to get an NIT. Yes you can get ECE but i dont think in NIT. So apply for other private institutions. There are some colleges who take through management quota. Give it a try there

Or best i would advise you to join a local state college this year and side by side prepare hard for AIEEE next year
19th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th(non-medical) .What should be done for finding a career in Merchant Navy. Is there any exam for entry in Merchant Navy besides IIT,AIEEE,etc. if yes ,then when and how it is held?Give CORRECT DETAILS.
THANKS FOR READING THIS.
19th June 2010, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN 12th(non-medical).GIVE LIST AND OTHER MAJOR DETAILS OF ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR MERCHANT NAVY(exams other than IIT,AIEEE,and other engg. exams).
24th June 2010, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

why biotech is best please tell me call at 9001764980 is there any jobs after bsc in biotech or we need to do msc in biotech please tell waiting
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?