14th September 2013, 05:48 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

Dear friend you are not eligible to apply IPS officer after completing 12th class.

If you want to apply IPS officer after exam then first you complete your Graduation degree.

Because for apply IPS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

For more information you can visit:- www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck........
28th September 2013, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

what subject can i choose to become a ips officer after 10 class either science or commerce
27th November 2013, 01:05 AM

I am 12th commerce pass with 62 % . I want become ips officer so how can i become ips office please give me proses[/QUOTE]
31st January 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Now i'm doing BA from Delhi University and i have four subject hindi. enlish, pol science. & history so i have question. May i prepare the examinatin of IPS?
4th March 2014, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i am rajat in 10th class i want to become an ips officer what i need to do or which stream i have to choose my age is 15yrs nd after 12th what i have to do fully guide me and nd what is the higest percentage and the lowest percentage required by a candidate in 10th nd 12th to do ips mail me the ans at [email protected]
5th July 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of class 11th,i hv commerce as a subject in 11th,what shud i do fr IPS?
2nd September 2014, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Question doesn't matter. If we have our mind ready we can achieve whatever we want.your mind is your best friend who help you a lot
18th September 2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

how to join. for ips
i have done 10th. and
i give a papres for 12th so
can i join. this ips job plzz tell me ....?
2nd May 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavna04 View Post
For becoming IPS officer you have to complete civil service exam.

And for this you have to complete your graduation and also at least 21 of age.

You will also give the physical test mentined by UPSC.
what test will be conducted physically?
7th June 2015, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i am prabhu.i want to become an ips officer.what i have to do.i am stvdying in 10.what cource i have to take after 10
8th June 2015, 12:03 PM
pabolu srivalli

Hello Friend..

In order to become IPS officer you need to appear for the UPSC Civil Services examination which is generally conducted after the completion of the graduation or bachelor degree in any of the department of study,as you are 10th class you can appear for the IPS after graduation only.

so complete your 10th first and then take up +2 and after that chooce the graduate degree in which you have interest and in finale year or after completion of graduation you can apply for the IPS selections.

Eligibility for IPS:
  1. candidates should possess graduation or bachelor degree in any of the department of study
  2. should have attained 20 years and should not exceed 30 years in order to apply
  3. age limits are as per the government specifications
  4. candidates can apply for the recruitment as per the number of attempts assigned as per the category they belong.
  • General-4 attempts
  • SC | ST- no limit
  • OBC- 7 attempts
These are the general eligibility required in order to appear for the IPS selections.
19th February 2016, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/mam

myself subhash kumar wanted to know whether I AM eligible to become an IPS officer, I have completed my graduation through distance mode in "THE SCHOOL OF DISTANCE EDUCATION"AFFILIATED TO Andhra University,Visakhapatnam & I AM PURSUING GRADUATION B.COM THROUGH 10 3 MODE. PLS HELP ME WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE OR NOT.
31st July 2019, 03:35 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
Hello,
You are not able to become an ips officer directly after 10th class. You should complete your 12th class at first. After that, the procedure is-
A candidate must be a citizen of India to become an IPS or IAS.
At the time of filling the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, the candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
The candidates must hold a degree from recognized university in any discipline.
Clear the exam.
Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?