19th April 2011, 02:34 PM
bharat_gim

Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

I am 12th commerce pass with 68 % . I want become ips officer so how can i become ips office please give me proses

19th April 2011, 03:08 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat_gim View Post
I am 12th commerce pass with 68 % . I want become ips officer so how can i become ips office please give me proses

IPS Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

To appear in this exam you should have Graduation degree from a recognized university. So, i suggest you first complete your graduation course and then apply for it.

Here is,

Eligibility criteria for IPS examination:-

Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely:
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Geology,
Mathematics,
Physics,
Statistics and Zoology
or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry
or in Engineering
or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:

- 21 years must be completed and Maximum 30 on 1st August of the year, for general category,
- 21 to 33 years for OBCs and
- 21 to 35 years for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:

- Four attempts for general category
- Seven for OBCs and
- No limit for SCs/STs.

For Complete details about this exam Please visit official websit of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
19th April 2011, 04:42 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

To become an IPS officer, you need to appear for the Civil Services Exam, conducted by the UPSC every year.

The UPSC conducts the exam on behalf of the government of India.

The minimum eligibility for the exam is noted below:

Age Limit:

Candidate must be minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of exam.

Upper age limit is 30 years(Relaxations for SC/ST, OBC).

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Final year students who are interested may also apply.

No.Of Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST: No Limit

So as of now you are not eligible to appear for the exam as you are not a graduate.

However, you can complete your graduation from any field then you can apply for the exam.

For more details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2011, 04:54 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

For becoming IPS officer you have to complete civil service exam.

And for this you have to complete your graduation and also at least 21 of age.

You will also give the physical test mentined by UPSC.
19th April 2011, 11:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to continue with the graduation course. You can choose any area of your choice. Once your 21years you can appear for the entrance exam. You can appear when you are in the final year too. You can start preparing for the test now especially the general awareness section.
23rd April 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

im ganesh bojji with 10 pass with above 65% wants to become ips officers please guie me
23rd April 2011, 11:49 AM
ganesh bojji

how i need full guideness
24th April 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

this is sunil from mumbai...i have completed my 12 with 70% in commerce stream, and appeared for SYBMS...and i wish to become IPS OFFICER ...now a day i started preparation for entrance exam for general studies....but plz advice me for the optional subject plz i need some help
26th April 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.SC(Pure Science) in 2008 from Vidyasagar University.But I can choose any optional subject(Botany).And my medical standard eye r/s-6/9 and l/s-6/12. I want to become IPS OFFICER...so, i started preparation for entrance exam. but pls advice me for the optional subject and medical standard for eye, pls i need some help.

Thanks & Regards
Ratan Pal
9th May 2011, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

i have passed 10th with 50% marks and i want to become an IPS officer which field to choose and how can i become an IPS? please tell me!!!!
12th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

i fail in 12th science.10th stander parsantage is 68. Can i give this i.p.s officer exam.
16th May 2011, 12:55 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

You need to continue with the graduation course. You can choose any area of your choice. Once your 21years you can appear for the entrance exam. You can appear when you are in the final year too. You can start preparing for the test now especially the general awareness section.
23rd May 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

i m neeru virk doing b-tech (urban and regional planning) and it complete next year 2012 . i m preparing for ips syllabus also. please guide me information about this
30th May 2011, 06:49 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

For IPS exam , the minimum educational qualification required is to be graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST and 3 years for the OBC category.

You need to first clear the CSAT i.e civil services aptitude test before appearing for the mains.

General category get 4 , SC/St get unlimited while OBC get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

More details:-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Thanks.
1st June 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

hi i m prashant sharma from gujarat i have completed my 12th by commerce in 2006 and my college is running by ignou n now i had given 3year exam only result is awating n now i wants to become IPS officer so wat can i do and what preparation i have to do can u tell me anything about this field.i have lots of experience of all field work now also my studies r going on and i m doing job in construction field.but now i would like to become IPS officer for to do work for our country.
8th June 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF A STUDENT TO BECOME AN IPS OFFICER
20th June 2011, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I m Siddesh Hawale
For becoming the IPS officer which field we won't to take -eg:-like commerce,sicence etc.I had passed the 10th STD With 51% marks
22nd June 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am in 9standard and i wish of becoming an ips officer so can you please tell me which stream is the best for ips in 11 and 12 and after that i would get graduate but i don know in which ?
25th June 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

i will become I.P.S officer .so what i will reading in college?
4th July 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have done m.com & b.ed, i want become IAS & IPS. plz tell me about ias form.
7th July 2011, 02:32 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

to become ips officer you need to follow the following steps.

1) first of all you have to take admission in the 11th after the 10 th exam.
after the completion of the 11th and 12th .

you have to choose the graduation course of your interest in the recognized university.

2) you have to complete the graduation course to appear in the ias exam .
you can also give the attempt for the IAS exam while in the final year of your graduation.

the candidate who have completed the graduation and belongs to the 21 to 30 years is allowed to give the IPS exam.

there is relaxation to the obc candidate for 3 years than the upper limit and for sc/st category candidates there is relaxation of 5 years than the upper age limit.

general category student can give 4 attempts and OBC category student can give 7 attempts.
and sc/st category student can give unlimited number of attempts.

there are three main papers are held in the ips exam

1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

these exams are dependent of each other . means if you secure the descent marks in the preliminary exam then you will become eligible for the main exam and after cracking the main exam you will be called for an interview.

for more information about the upsc and the IPS exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
7th July 2011, 07:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

To become an IPS officer, you need to appear for the Civil Services Exam, conducted by the UPSC.

Candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
Final year students can also apply.

Age Limit:

No.Of Attempts:

after graduation you are eligible for IPS exam.

all the best
8th July 2011, 05:59 PM
umathkavi

For joining IAS you should have to complete your graduation, but you can start preparing now onwards .
You can check the syllabus and choose the portions you can prepare with your 11th class and when you will complete your gradation you will be having your notes from 11th class upto graduation which will be very helpful for you.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For preparing for IAS you should have a very strong general knowledge, you should have a good knowledge of the current affairs.
As the syllabus is very broad you have to make a time table to cover all the portions.

The entrance examination is divided into three main stages
Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview.

If you clear all these stages you will become an IAS officer.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2011, 07:51 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

procedure to become an IAS officer:--

* candidate must pass graduation

*age 21 to 30 yeras
5 years relax for SC/ST
3 years for OBC

* attempts:--

4 times for general catagory
7 times for OBC
no limits for SC/ST

rules:--

examis 2 rounds
like:-
1)preliminary round
2)final round

in preliminary you appear exam 2 appers like:-

General knowledge
optional subject...........
11th July 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

My Name is Hitesh

I m graduate now pls tell me how to give the exam of UPSC (TO BECOME I.A.S.)

My email id:- [email protected]
31st July 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

DEAR sir,
my name is sahil sharma i am in 12th class i am confusedb about what should i do for become an ips
officer and how i prepare for the entrance exam so please guide me
thankyou
31st July 2011, 08:01 PM
Manohar2reddy

what are the subjects to be studied for civils buddy
31st July 2011, 08:26 PM
ajeetajeet1250

To become an IPS officer, you need to appear for the Civil Services Exam, conducted by the UPSC every year.

Age Limit:

Candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

No.Of Attempts:

So as of now you are not eligible to appear for the exam as you are not a graduate.

However, you can complete your graduation from any field then you can apply for the exam.

For more details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2011, 08:34 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

To become an IPS officer you must clear UPSC exam and for applying the

exam you must be a graduate and your age must be more than 21 and less

than 30.
31st July 2011, 08:53 PM
ankur049

Age Limit:

No.Of Attempts:

For more details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2011, 09:18 PM
ankur049

Age Limit:

No.Of Attempts:

For more details, visit:
31st July 2011, 11:14 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
apply for group A service examination held usually in may/june
1st August 2011, 12:11 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks is given.

after doing 10th you have to do 12th and graduation in any field.

and you have to get 50% marks in graduation.

then you have appear in UPSC-IAS exam.

age limit is 21-29 Years.

all the best...........
5th August 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

DEAR sir,
my name is Abhishek Pandey i am complete my BA Economice (Honors)so i am confusedb about what should i do for become an ips
officer and how i prepare for the entrance exam so please guide me
thankyou
9th August 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

DEAR
SIR,
MY NAME IS BEDANTA BHATTACHARJEE. IM NOW READING AT CLASS11[science]. I HVE GOT IN CLASS 10[74%]. SIR PLZ TEL ME HW I CAN APPEAR IN IPS EXAM;AND WHAT ARE THE NECESSARY THINGS NEEDED. SIR PLZ PLZ PLZ GUIDE ME!!!!!!! AND SIR PLZ REPLY ME FAST........ MY EMAIL-ID IS [MY MAIL.BEDANTA@GMAIL<COM]
9th August 2011, 07:32 PM
sg1991

Firstly you should complete your graduation in any field from a recognised university. Then you can apply for IPS.
You should be 21 to 30 years of age. There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
You should be a citizen of Inddia.
You can give 4 attempts. Relaxation of 3 attempts for OBC and no limt for SC/ST.
10th August 2011, 02:58 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
It is very good that you want to be a IPS officer in future and want to serve the nation.
To apply for the IPS officer you have to apply for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.The notification for the examination is publishes in Employment News and all other leading dailies.
But the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is Graduation in any stream from a recognized university and age of the candidate must be between 21-30 years.

So as you have passed 10+2 first complete graduation and then apply for the civil service examination.

For more details you can log on to the site http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best Wishes...
12th August 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done b a whould i become ips officer
15th August 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

sir...
i have completed my graduation ( B.Com ) from delhi university with 48% marks .
is there is any minimum % in graduation ????
and can i apply for these exams ???
26th August 2011, 12:54 PM
Lyk23

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

Quote:
IPS stands Indian Police Service

For writing this exam atleast you must have a degree from a recognized university.

But as far regarding your qualification you have only done your 10th,so you are not eligible for the IPS exam.

It is better that you continue your studies and do your respected degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

You must also have a age limit of 21-30 years to apply for this exam.

If you possess these criteria's then you can pply for the IPS Exam.

ALL THE BEST.
27th August 2011, 12:24 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after 10th standard with 68% marks?

Quote:
Details for IPS:

IPS is a Civil service exam and for applying for this exam you must satisfy some major criteria's and they are:

-> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

-> Candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.There are certain specified age relaxations for other categories.

-> Candidates should have a degree from a recognized university.

-> Candidates must be physically fit while appearing for the IPS exam.

As far regarding your criteria's you are not eligible for the exam now but you can carry on your studies and finish your degree with good marks and then apply for the IPS exam.
27th August 2011, 01:31 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC(union Public Service Commission).

* You are not eligible to write IPS exam as you have done only 10th standard.
* Candidates should have complete graduation from a recognized university.
* The age limit must be within 21 to 30 years.
* Relaxation for SC/ST is 35 years and for OBC it is 33 years.
* You should be physically fit.

The exam consists of Main exam,preliminary exam and Interview.
So you are not eligible to write IPS exam.

Best wishes
30th August 2011, 04:57 PM
dhruv007

dear friend ,
i have to inform you ,marks are not the paramount for appear in this exam , conducted by UPSC every year. you just have to pass them all. for apply for this exam you should complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university. the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 as a general candidates , there is 5 years relaxation forSC\ST candidates.
this exam has three stages-
1. pre or CSAT

2. mains

3 interview

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!
30th August 2011, 10:05 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello,

you are in 10th standard, and you did a selection of your career ,hmm
Nice, you ll sure achive your Goal.

It's a nice choice to be an IPS officer in future:
For it the minimum elligibility is you should be a graduate,So first complete your graduation,

and now you have much more time for it,
if you want you can start preparation from now also,

I m giving you the syllabus of the IPS entrance exam,
Go through it , you ll get a basic idea, the go to near by book store collect the references, which covers maximum portion of the syllabus,
From now you collect the Pratiyogi kiran ,it's a magazine which consist of all the compitative exam questions and current, gd topic, pis and all other question also,
It ll help you..

Good Luck~~~~
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus of IPS exam.doc(46.5 KB, 151 views)
31st August 2011, 02:38 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,
IPS Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

To appear in this exam you should have Graduation degree from a recognized university. So, i suggest you first complete your graduation course and then apply for it.

Here is,

Eligibility criteria for IPS examination:-

Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely:
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Geology,
Mathematics,
Physics,
Statistics and Zoology
or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry
or in Engineering
or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:

- 21 years must be completed and Maximum 30 on 1st August of the year, for general category,
- 21 to 33 years for OBCs and
- 21 to 35 years for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:

- Seven for OBCs and
- No limit for SCs/STs.

www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
27th September 2011, 06:55 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

for IPS exam marks are not the para mount for this exam.you mut have to complete your graduation in any stream.
the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30. there are year of relaxation are given to SC\ST candidates.

Number of Attempts:

- Seven for OBCs and
- No limit for SCs/STs.

www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
27th September 2011, 10:36 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
The criteria for IPS exam ......
*The candidates should be graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
There is a age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.

here is an carrier chart from where you can get some knowledge.

good luck...........
27th September 2011, 10:37 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
The criteria for IPS exam ......
*The candidates should be graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
There is a age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.

here is an carrier chart from where you can get some knowledge.

good luck...........
27th September 2011, 11:50 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

union public service commission conducts the exam for IPS
for which the eligibility criteria is;

qualification

- a candidate should be graduate from any recognized university
-a candidate as an appearing can also apply for the exam

age limit

-a candidate's age should be between 21-30 for general
-for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
-for SC/ST candidate upper age limit is 35 years

number of attempts

-for general-4 attempts
-for OBC- 7 attempts
-for SC/ST- no limits

physical standard
-Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST
(not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST
(not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
-Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
-Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or
6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye.
J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No
inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

as you are a 10th student so you are not eligible for the exam
until graduate....

for further details you can visit the link

www.upsc.gov.in

you can also see the attachment for more details;
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 151 views)
2nd October 2011, 07:23 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

dear, friend

I would like to say that , marks obtained in through out the academic carrier are not the para-mount for appear in this exam, you just ave to pass them.
the minimum eligibility for apply for this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
the age limit for this exam is 21-30. . so there are 5 & 3 years of relaxation for SC\ST & OBC Candidates respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?