2nd August 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Are 3rd year engineering students eligible for CAT entrance?

hello madam,i m into my 3rd year B.Enggineering(5th sem),and i want 2 appear for CAT entrance this year tat is CAT 2012....i just wanted to ask you weather 3rd year enggineering students are eligible for CAT 2012 entrance?if yes at wat time of the year is the CAt entrance conducted?

Related Questions:
  1. Can 3rd year Engineering students appear for CAT Exam?
  2. Am I eligible for CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?
  3. Am I eligible for CAT exam while in 3rd year BBA
  4. How long does it take to prepare for CAT for 3rd year engineering student?
  5. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  6. How to write the CAT entrance this year? Am I eligible for CAT exam? What is the percentage to get into IIM's?
  7. CDS Exam Eligibility for 3rd year Electrical and Electronic Engineering Students? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  9. Which books should I refer for CAT entrance exam? How to start preparing for upcoming CAT entrance exam?
  10. While in B.Tech 6th semester what should I do for training? Names of the institutes?
  11. Can I be eligible to apply for JTO entrance exam? I am doing engineering 3rd year in ECE department
  12. Can 3rd year B.Tech. student apply for CAT examination?
  13. Can I give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  14. When one should apply for CAT entrance exam? Where to get the application form? Fee structure for it?
  15. How should I prepare for CAT or GATE? I am a mining engineering 3rd year student
  16. How much score is required in B.Com 3rd year honors for CAT?
  17. Will I be able to give CAT if score less than 50% in 3rd year of B.Com?
  18. Am I eligible to appear for any entrance exam while pursuing B.Tech Electronics 3rd year?
1st October 2012, 03:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are 3rd year engineering students eligible for CAT entrance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello madam,i m into my 3rd year B.Enggineering(5th sem),and i want 2 appear for CAT entrance this year tat is CAT 2012....i just wanted to ask you weather 3rd year enggineering students are eligible for CAT 2012 entrance?if yes at wat time of the year is the CAt entrance conducted?
CAT stands for Common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year, this is most famous examination for those candidates who are interested to take admission in Business schools, If your aim is to take admission in MBA Course then you can apply for this examination.

But Now you are not eligible to apply for this examination because pre-final year candidates are not eligible for this entry. Only final year candidates are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

It means you are eligible to apply for this examination in Next year i.e in 2013.

To apply for this examination, you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your graduation.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online from the official website.

CAT is a computer-based test, There will be two separately timed sections in the test. The sections are

=> Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
=> Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

You are required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches after publishing the notification.

The examination is objective and not easy you need 1-2 year practice to cracked this examination, You can get complete details from the official website of CAT.

If you need the best material for CAT Examination, then please click here

http://www.catiim.in
1st October 2012, 04:23 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear,

Yes, students who are appearing this year for there final exams and those who have given but waiting for their results can also appear for CAT 2012.

CAT or common aptitude test is conducted in november month every year. This is a very high level exam. Its score is considered by all the IIMs and many reputed private MBA colleges for giving admission in MBA courses.

So prepare well and give your best.

best of luck!

regards
ankima
1st October 2012, 05:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for COMMON ADMISSION TEST, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years Post Graduation MBA(Master in Business Administration) Course.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education with 50% marks from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit to apply for CAT.

Hence you are now not eligible to apply for CAT as you are now pursing 3rd year of Engineering Degree but you can apply for CAT in the final year of your B.Tech. Studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
10th October 2012, 11:35 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CAT Exam Details:-

## CAT is one of the most toughest exam to crack. It's full form is Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the IIMs, one of the top rung MBA institution in India. The selected candidates should be versatile and equipped with various managerial skills, therefore, IIMs keep changing the pattern of the exam.

## The basic qualification required to give this exam is a graduation degree. You can complete graduation in any discipline of your choice from a recognized institution.

## Minimum 50% of marks needs to be secured at graduation level if you are a general category candidate.

## For the reserved category candidate though the percentage to secure is 45% of marks.

## This exam can also be given by the final year students who are about to sit for their final exam or awaiting the results of their final year exam.

## There is age criteria as such which means you can give this exam whenever you want to.

## No restrictions have been imposed on the number of permissible attempts too. So you have the freedom to sit for this exam for as many times you want.

## Marks obtained in the written exam is not the only important criteria of selection. In addition to that there are two more stages which the candidates needs to go through. They are as follows:- Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session.

## The new exam pattern has two sections for the candidates to complete:
  • Section 1: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
  • Section 2: Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

## The total time limit for this exam is 140 minutes and from each section 30 questions will be asked of 70 marks each. Questions will be of mainly objective type and negative marking is there.

## Changing CAT Exam Pattern:-

CAT Exam Books:-

Mathematics For The CAT And Other MBA Examinations (Set of 3 Books)
by Time
Publisher: Pearson Education

Test Series for the CAT Online
by Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd

Target New CAT - Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Tests
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

CAT Common Admission Test (Topicwise Analysis & Solution)
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

CAT: Common Admission Test
by R. P. Verma
Publisher: Asian Books

Hope this helps :-> :->
14th October 2012, 11:09 AM
Saran 18

Quote:
CAT stands for Common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year, final year candidates are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

To apply for this examination, you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your graduation.

CAT or common aptitude test is conducted in november month every year. This is a very high level exam. MBA colleges for giving admission in MBA courses.

The examination is objective and not easy you need 1-2 year practice to cracked this examination, You can get complete details from the official website of CAT.

Marks obtained in the written exam is not the only important criteria of selection. In addition to that there are two more stages which the candidates needs to go through. They are as follows:- Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session.

Here , are the best coaching institutes for M.B.A preparations in India

1 . Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)
2. IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
3. Career Launcher (CL)
4. Career Forum
5. IIM's - CAT Coaching Classes in Bangalore
6. IIM's - CAT Coaching Class in Mumbai
16th July 2013, 06:51 PM
megayounus786

Quote:

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
8th November 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am engineering student . Is count only last year mark to eligible for cat ?
9th October 2014, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

in 2014 i failed in my 2 nd year graduation.am i now eligible to write cat 2014?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?