15th September 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

I am in 3rd year of my engeeniring can I give cat exam this year?
reply me soon please.

15th September 2011, 06:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
reply me soon please.
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination was Conducted by IIM's, To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in Any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> But If you are Pursuing Your 3rd Year Engineering course then you are not eligible for CAT Examination Now, So when you are Pursuing your 4Th year Engineering course then you are eligible to apply for the CAT Examination because CAT Examination scored was valid only 1 year.

>> So, In this year you are not eligible for this examination, Please apply for this examination in Next year when you are Pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course.

To apply for CAT Entrance examination you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation and those who scored minimum 50% marks in Graduation are eligible to apply for the CAT Examination.

For this year CAT Examination Notification was already updated in the official website and those who are eligible please apply for this examination soon before the Last Date i.e 28/SEP/2011.

>> And for More Information please check the official website -

http://www.catiim.in
15th September 2011, 07:00 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

dear friend ,

you can attempt for the CAT ( common aptitude test ) while in the final year of the graduation or after the completion of the graduation.

through the exam of the CAT one can get admission in the any of the 13 IIM'S ( indian institute of management ) and more than 100 B-SCHOOLS in India.

main subjects in this exam are English and logical reasoning.
also interview plays an important role after the selection.

here i am providing the data regarding the registration for the CAT exam.

thanks and best luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf reg_guide.pdf(1.89 MB, 75 views)
15th September 2011, 07:46 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I am sorry to say you that as you are a pre-final year student you are not eligible for this aspect.This is only because the CAT score is valid only one year.So only final year student and the candidates having completed their graduation can appear for CAT examination.So next year you will be eligible.

You also visit the following website to get all these information --

all the best.
good day.
15th September 2011, 08:09 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you can study MBA if you have commerce in 12th,Math is not so much essential,as you have commerce.

But before going to the MBA course,you have to pass the Bachelor degree i.e.BBA/B.Tech/BE/BCA ,one of those.

then after completing the Bachelor degree you can sit one of the following:

The best exam for the MBA is Common Admission Test(CAT).
beside this exam :

1.CMAT : Calibre Management Aptitude Test

2. EMAT : Electronic Management Aptitude Test

3.FSM Entrance : FORE School of Management

4.IBSAT : ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

5.IGNOU OPENMAT : Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test

6.IPMG : Institute of Petroleum Management

7. IMDR : Institute of Management Development and Research

8.IMI PGDM : International Management Institute

9. GMAT : Graduate Management Admission Test

10.EMPI : Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business

11.FMS Entrance Test : Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test

12.JEMAT : Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test

13.NIBM : National Institute of Bank Management

14.SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test

15.ATMA : AIMS Test for Management Admissions

16. AIMT : Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam etc.......

17: XLRI XAT : XLRI Jamshedpur School of Management XAT

For more visit:http://www.indianmba.com/
15th September 2011, 08:09 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend,

if you want to go in the MBA then you can apply for the CAT exam, but if you don`t completed your graduation then you are not eligible for this exam.

you can give this exam in the final year because this b.tech degree is 4 year long so you are not eligible for the exam because you are in 3rd year.

you must get above 50% in your graduation for applying for the CAT exam.

best of luck.
15th September 2011, 08:10 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend,

if you want to go in the MBA then you can apply for the CAT exam, but if you don`t completed your graduation then you are not eligible for this exam.

you can give this exam in the final year because this b.tech degree is 4 year long so you are not eligible for the exam because you are in 3rd year.

you must get above 50% in your graduation for applying for the CAT exam.

best of luck.
15th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Tapan Manoharmayum

Quote:
reply me soon please.
Sorry friend as engineering is a technical line.So if you wanna appear CAT then you have to complete your engineering course first.

Thank You!!
15th September 2011, 08:59 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

YES you can give CAT test in the b.tech 3rd which will be valid till your b.tech get completed means valid for 2 years
all the best
16th September 2011, 12:16 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Following are the exams through which you can apply for admission for MBA:
1. CAT
2. MAT
3. XAT etc.
To be eligible to sit for the CAT exam all you need is to be a Graduate in any discipline.
Although final year students can sit for the exam but,
you have to complete your graduation meanwhile.
So, you are not eligible.
All the very best.
16th September 2011, 09:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
reply me soon please.
dear friend,

CAT exam is the key for MBA entrance exam.Yes, final year student are eligible for CAT exam.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.

This year exam date is already announced.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.

thanks
21st September 2011, 12:08 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

To apply for CAT Entrance examination you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation and those who scored minimum 50% marks in Graduation are eligible to apply for the CAT Examination.
hence you are not eligible for this exam yet.

For this year CAT Examination Notification was already updated in the official website and those who are eligible please apply for this examination soon before the Last Date i.e 28/SEP/2011.

21st September 2011, 12:23 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

hence you are not eligible for this exam yet.

21st September 2011, 06:18 PM
Raja Azher

Yes you can give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering. no need to worry, prepare for cat you can appear.
22nd September 2011, 07:23 PM
neha bh

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category) and 3rd year student can give the exam.

regards
neha
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?