9th August 2012, 11:32 PM
07vidhi

Default Re: How to participate in NTSE exams?

hello,
NTSE is conducted by NCERT. it was started in the year 1963. this national talent search programme was launched to search the talented student from the country and nurture their
talent.
i had provided the full details regarding this ntse by means of a file so visit the file . for your
kind information i want to tell you that you can't apply in this exam this year because dates
are already passed.
Attached Files
10th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Mr. Avinash singh
Member+

National Talent Search Exam (NTSE)

The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level scholarship program in India started in the year 1963to identify and nurture talented students. As it is organized by an official body (NCERT), it honours and helps talented students by providing financial assistance in the form of a monthly scholarship. For the courses in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce, this assistance is provided up to Ph.D. level. For professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law this assistance is given only up to Post Graduation. The scheme is open to students of Indian nationality.
Eligibility:
Students of Class VIII studying in recognized schools including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, Sainik School etc. of Indian nationality whether they study in India or abroadare eligible to appear in this examination.
Reservation:
(a) 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category.
(b) 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category.
(c) 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Scholarship:
On the basis of the examination conducted, 1000 scholarships will be awarded all over India to each student appearing for Class VIII examinations. Awardees of National Talent Search Examination will receive a sum of Rs. 500/- per month as per rules.
Important Dates:

Dates for Submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
Stage Area Dates
Stage I (State level) Last Date for Submission of
Application Form 31st August, 2012
Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands 19th November, 2012
Examination in All other States and
Union Territories 20th November, 2012
Stage II
(National level) Examination in All States and
Union Territories

Selection procedure

Identification of talent comprises a two-stage selection process.

Fist Level NTSE conducted by the State / UT (usually in November) - FOR CLASS X STUDENTS ONLY
Second Level NTSE conducted at the National Level (usually in May) - FOR CLASS 12th

STUDENTS ONLY

ROUND 1 : State level examination

The first level exam is the state level examination, which has two parts for nominating the required number of candidates for the second level test to be conducted by the DSERT.

Part-I:Mental Ability Test (MAT), and
Part-II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)(with questions on History, Civics, Geography, Economics, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.)

Students of any Board studying at any recognized school can participate. Those who get qualified an enter the Second Level National Exam. The results of the same will be out on March of the next year.
ROUND 2: National level examination

Candidates acquiring more than the required percentage in the state level examination and standing within a specified number of top ranks (state quota) are eligible to appear for the national level examination (about top 4000 students from the entire country). The national level examination has two parts for nominating the required number of candidates for the interviews to be conducted by the NCERT in May:

Part-I: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Part-II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)(as given above)

ROUND 3: Declaration of Results

The results of the the National Level Examination shall be out by July–August the same year. Students are divided into 4 quotas: General, SC, ST, Disabled. Around 750 students will be selected from General quota, 150 from SC, 80 from ST and around 20 from Disabled quota. The results will be displayed on the website www.ncert.nic.in mid-July or early-August.
Syllabus
I level exam for Std X

SAT: The syllabus for Mathematics, Science and Social Science will be broadly based on the prescribed respective State Board Syllabus from Std 10 (or in exceptions, Std 9) textbooks only. (provide reference) Not from NCERT. It will be required for the II level examination.
II level exam for Std X

SAT: The mathematics and science questions will be asked from the chapters in the syllabus of class 9th, 10th and 11th. Social Studies is completely based on the NCERT book for CBSE students for Class 10.(no prescribed syllabus)

How to obtain Application Form:
Option-I:Application forms can be downloaded from NCERT website .in. The completed application forms duly signed by the Principal of the school should be submitted to the Liaison Officers before the last date. No application should be sent to NCERT.
Option-II:It can be collected from school coordinator.
Examination Fees:

States and Union Territories may notify the fee required which will be paid for the Stage-I examination (Approx Rs. 50/-). However, NCERT does not charge any fee for the Stage-II examination.

for more information go to www.ncert.nic.in

with regard , best of luck............................
1st March 2014, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

How to get participate Ambedkar mission of india NTSE Exam in 2014
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?