29th July 2022, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Admission in IIT for Diploma holder after 10th?

I have passed diploma i need an addmission in IIT college I had taken addmission in diploma after 10th so.

31st July 2022, 03:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in IIT for Diploma holder after 10th?

You can get admission in IIT after qualifying in JEE.

JEE is Joint Engineering Entrance conducted by NTA for admission in IIT, NIT and other institutions.

So, you can appear for the examination to get admission in the course.
31st July 2022, 04:35 PM
Msdhoni02

There is no provision for admission to diploma holders in IITs wherein they could be able to get direct entry into the second year of the 4 year degree programme.

So, a candidate who has completed diploma in engineering and aspires to pursue further studies from one of the top engineering institutes in India, i.e. Indian Institutes of Technology, the option that remains is through a general pathway through which a 10+2 pass out proceeds, through JEE Main and JEE Advanced. This way, they will be able to get admission in the first year of B. Tech course at IIT.
31st July 2022, 07:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for JEE. JEE is conducted in two stages.The two stages are Main and Advanced.

So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in both stages eligible for admission in the IIT.
31st July 2022, 07:25 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

For admission in IIT, there is no special admission system and thus, students have to appear in JEE Advanced exam which is the only way to get admission in IIT for undergraduate courses in engineering.
31st July 2022, 10:42 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The admission to IIT for diploma holder there is no provision for special entry and a candidate have to appear in the JEE Advanced examination which is the only way to get into IITs for an undergraduate course in engineering.

Candidates have to register and appear for Joint Entrance Examination which is the common entrance for engineering admissions into various institutes. Not all the institutes allow admissions to diploma holders, in case a candidate opts for admission into institutions other than that of IITs, JEE Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency twice a year usually in January and April.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?