14th May 2016, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?

Sir,
I am Ajay and I would like to know that can I join IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering? I have not done Intermediate. I have got admission in Diploma on my 10th basis. Now, I have completed Diploma and I want admission in 2nd year of B.E. in IIT.

Related Questions:
  1. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  3. How can I take admission in 2nd year after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  4. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  5. Procedure to get admission in Rajasthan Technical University to study B.Tech 2nd year for Electrical Engineering Diploma holder of Gujarat Technological University?
  6. Can Polytechnic diploma holder give the entrance exam for IIT JEE?
  7. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders?
  8. Can I get direct admission in 2nd year of Electrical Engineering Diploma course if secured 41.2% in 12th PCM?
  9. How can I take admission in 2nd year B.Tech(Aeronautical engineering) after completing 1 year diploma in Electrical engineering?
  10. Can I get admission in Aeronautical Engineering B.Tech in 2nd year after diploma in Electrical Engineering? What is the basic procedure?
  11. How can I get admission in Holy Matha College, Kerala to study in 2nd year of Electrical Engineering Diploma course through IGNOU VIEP if completed online counselling?
  12. How to take admission in IIT college in degree? I am a civil diploma holder
  13. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year of NPTI, Nagpur if secured 69.88% in Electrical Engineering Diploma course and having 1 year of worked experience?
  14. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  15. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  16. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. How to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year? I am a diploma holder in electronics engineering
  18. IIT admission for diploma holder?
16th May 2016, 08:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?

IIT's does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.E course. Admissions in IIT in B.E course are offered through JEE Advanced examination rank. Being a Diploma holder, to get admission in IIT, you must have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination but, remember that your JEE Main examination scores or rank will not be considered for admission in NIT's. You are allowed to appear in JEE Main examination as it the gateway for JEE Advanced examination. So, by qualifying and getting good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in first year of B.E course in IIT.
16th May 2016, 10:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?

You can get admission only in first year of B.E course through JEE Main and Advanced. IITs don't have any lateral entry seats available which allows only first year admission through JEE even for diploma holders.
Hence, being a diploma holder you can't get much benefit if you are looking for IIT admission.
17th May 2016, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Ajay and I would like to know that can I join IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering? I have not done Intermediate. I have got admission in Diploma on my 10th basis. Now, I have completed Diploma and I want admission in 2nd year of B.E. in IIT.
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for IIT admission buy you should qualify in JEE main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
17th May 2016, 03:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology after pursuing diploma course.

Admission in IIT is conducted on basis of JEE conducted by IIT and CBSE. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM/PCB as main paper.

So, you are not eligible for admission in IIT but you can pursue B.E from other institute through LEET.
17th May 2016, 08:18 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in 2nd year of B.E. course in IIT, as IITs don't allow admission via lateral entry scheme.

However, you might get admission in IIT to pursue the above mentioned course after having cleared JEE(Advanced) examination with good score.

You need to however have scored really well in your examination as getting admission in IIT is not a matter of joke.
17th May 2016, 08:19 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in 2nd year of B.E. course in IIT, as IITs don't allow admission via lateral entry scheme.

However, you might get admission in IIT to pursue the above mentioned course after having cleared JEE(Advanced) examination with good score.

You need to however have scored really well in your examination as getting admission in IIT is not a matter of joke.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?