20th November 2009, 05:15 PM
ram234

Aeronautical engineering physical test for students with weak eyesight?

i知 pursuing my second year pre university course under bangalore university.i wish to take up aeronautical engg. can i know the specifics of the physical test as i have problem with my eyesight(short sight)? i want to know the entrance exams i値l have to face.

29th November 2009, 09:22 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Aeronautical engineering physical test for students with weak eyesight?

you must be medicall fit.

for Distant visual acuity you must pocess:- 20/50 or better uncorrected correctable to 20/20, each eye.

without glasses

for ssr:- 6/6 for better eyes.
6/9 for worse eye.
with glasses-
6/6 for better eyes.
6/6 for worse eyes
31st December 2009, 05:23 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

Default Re: Aeronautical engineering physical test for students with weak eyesight?

First thing u should be medical fit and u have not mentioned details about ur eyesight.so there are some criteria for it if u would tell us we can tell u thta u are eligible or not
11th January 2010, 08:14 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

the eye sight should be perfect,
also you should not be color blind
8th February 2010, 10:43 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

yes your eye sight should be perfect
refer the eye sight given by my friend faiyaz.
the exam you can take up is IAF Aeronautical Engineering Officers
the minimum requirement is 50% in 12th

best of luck
9th February 2010, 11:44 AM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
As you have specified your eye sight is very weak so i suggest you to move ahead in another field as you will not be able to clear the exams.
All the very best for your carrier.
13th May 2010, 07:11 PM
Senior Member+++

you must be phsically fit to go in the aeronautical field and eye sight is the must test for physical fitness in this area
14th May 2010, 10:20 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

no there is no such eye correction require for the aeronautical engineering as you will be going for the engineering studies not for the aviation course.........so dont worry about it....just apply for the course and go for it......
15th May 2010, 02:43 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend
you should be physically fit for defence job
for aeronautical engineering your eyesight should be 6/6 and colour blindness
good luck
25th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

my eye power is -3 can i go for aeronautical
28th June 2010, 10:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

There is no eyesight requirement for aeronautical engineering. Yes, there are some vision requirements for pilots, but that is a completely different profession.

For pilots, you are medically fit in all the respects and your eyesight should be 6/6.
So, eyesight requirements are only for pilots and not for engineers or workers.
28th June 2010, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

my eye sight is -2 on both the eyes! which kind of jobs can i get in aeronautical engineering??? i am very good in mathematics??
25th July 2010, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

whether colour blindness is a abstacle for aeronautical engineering?
31st July 2010, 01:52 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend there are my treatments have come to give good site for weak site so its better if you get treatment then you look for this ...as this field requires eye sight its compulsory............good luck

regards
azhar
23rd September 2010, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

sir my eyesight is -4 in both eyes.can i opt for nda after a laser operation which wud make ma eyes perfect.
25th September 2010, 09:54 AM
subhash1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram234 View Post
i知 pursuing my second year pre university course under bangalore university.i wish to take up aeronautical engg. can i know the specifics of the physical test as i have problem with my eyesight(short sight)? i want to know the entrance exams i値l have to face.
not to worry about eye sitefor ssr:- 6/6 for better eyes.
6/9 for worse eye.
with glasses-
6/6 for better eyes.
6/6 for worse eyes
best of luck
25th December 2010, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

eye points allowed for aeronautical engineering?
26th December 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

with glassses my eye sight is 1.75 may i elligible for indian army. jai hind!
27th December 2010, 01:00 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend,
a little eye sight positive and negetive allowed,but its depend on the authority...
30th December 2010, 06:16 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Aeronautical Engineering has nothing to do with eye sight. Its just a rumor or misconception among the people.

Even I am a person with myopia(short sight), I didn't find any difficulty for me to excel in this field.

You should worry about sight problem if you want to become a pilot or a space walker.

The work of Aeronautical Engineers is design and analysis based work and it has nothing to do with sight.

Don't worry about it and join the Aeronautical Engineering with out any other thought.

All the Best!
24th January 2011, 06:42 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear.

for Distant visual acuity you must pocess:- 20/50 or better uncorrected correctable to 20/20, each eye.

without glasses

6/9 for worse eye.
with glasses-
6/6 for better eyes.
6/6 for worse eyes
Thanks and best of luck.
24th March 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

how about jacket teeths? and height requirement?
25th April 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

i have myopia . wil it stopme from bocoming an aeronautical engineer? and what about height?
5th May 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

hai iam kiran from tamil nadu. i want to study aeronautics but i have poor eye sight . i dont want to b a pilot but i want to go in designing field. am i eligible?
22nd May 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

whats about other physical characters to become aeronautical engineering like height etc
27th June 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

whether color blindness and myopia an obstacle for aeronautics engineering?
30th June 2011, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I have short sight but now i corrected by wearing bifocal specs. Now my VA is 6/6 can i join aeronautical engg and become airhostess or what job can i get?
30th June 2011, 10:20 PM
raisahab

Hi dear,

without glasses

6/9 for worse eye.
with glasses-
6/6 for better eyes.
6/6 for worse eyes

Thanks
8th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i have chosed B.E(aeronautical engg) in differently abled quota at MIT in anna university. i have short fingers in my right hand. but i can work with it in normal limits. my height is 161 cms. will i face any problems in my course studying?
14th July 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it true? I have a problem with my ear. I have completed my 12th std. I wish to study aeronautical engineering. Is physical fitness needed to study aeronautics? Im asking about the studies not job. pease reply me............
14th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it true? I have a problem with my ear. I have completed my 12th std. I wish to study aeronautical engineering. Is physical fitness needed to study aeronautics? Im asking about the studies not job. pease reply me............
28th August 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I have and eyesight problem. but It is corrected by glasses. Am I eligible to gor for aeronautical engineering? Please let me know the answer.
31st October 2011, 11:45 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
dear friend

There is no eyesight requirement for aeronautical engineering. Yes, there are some vision requirements for pilots, but that is a completely different profession.

For pilots, you are medically fit in all the respects and your eyesight should be 6/6.
So, eyesight requirements are only for pilots and not for engineers or workers.
18th June 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

color blindness is any problem for studying the Aeronautical Engineering?
13th October 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

if a person having short sightedness -1.5 & 0.75 become a piolet answer me please...
17th November 2012, 03:39 PM
Zaherabbaas

Thank you Sir,

I am girl in 11th with Eye Sight of (-8.5) in one Eye and (-5) in another Eye and 6/12 after correction.

Is it a good decision to go for Aeronautical / Avionics / Aerospace Engineering for Career in Design - not in Maintenance or Piloting or Traffic Controls.

Where can I get the minimum Medical Requirements before Joining any of these courses - Aeronautical / Avionics / Aerospace Engineering.

By the way, please advice some good Aeronautical / Avionics / Aerospace Engineering Colleges with good practicals and reputation (other than IITs)

May God Bless you.

Thanks,
Zahera (zaherabbaas gmail com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk.Subhani View Post
Aeronautical Engineering has nothing to do with eye sight. Its just a rumor or misconception among the people.

Even I am a person with myopia(short sight), I didn't find any difficulty for me to excel in this field.

You should worry about sight problem if you want to become a pilot or a space walker.

The work of Aeronautical Engineers is design and analysis based work and it has nothing to do with sight.

Don't worry about it and join the Aeronautical Engineering with out any other thought.

All the Best!
10th April 2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

My son is having sensoneural Hearing loss. He is using hearing aid in right ear & in left ear its profound hearing loss, he wants to do his B.E. in Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineerg. Is he eligible for this stream ? Kindly suggest me....

Thanks & Regards
19th January 2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

You want to cure your eyes by yoga exercise daily then try to increace your eye sight
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?