12th May 2020, 11:49 AM
Pranjali Nanote

Which all subject combination is required in 12th to do a course in Interior Designing?

Hi, I am pursuing my 12th from Biology subject combination. Can I do a degree course in Interior Designing after completing my 12th class with Bio subject combination?

14th May 2020, 08:47 PM
kuwaitjob

Default Re: Which all subject combination is required in 12th to do a course in Interior Designing?

You should have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised board of education with minimum eligibility with 50% aggregate marks.
You can now give entrance test for interior designing.
14th May 2020, 09:00 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Which all subject combination is required in 12th to do a course in Interior Designing?

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Interior Designing course after completion of 12th with biology subject combination.

Interior Designing Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) in any stream from a recognized university.

Bachelor's Courses In Interior Designing
- B.A (Interior Design)
- B.Sc (Interior Design)
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- B.Des (Interior Design)
14th May 2020, 11:02 PM
Mantun Bhai

To pursue Degree course in Interior designing i.e; B.Design in Interior designing or any other designing trade, the minimum education required is just a Class 12th with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised board.

So, even having opted for Biology group subjects for your Class 12th studies, you will be eligible to pursue degree course in Interior designing after completion of your Class 12th.
15th May 2020, 07:41 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Interior Designing is one such course which is having great demand in these days. Interior Designing is all about how well you can design inside a particular house.

Interior Designing course is offered at various academic levels like
-Diploma level
-Graduation level
-Post Graduation level

Since you have completed 12th standard, you are eligible to go for Graduation level Interior Designing courses which are
BA
B.Sc
B.Arch

The duration is 3 years for both the courses and for B.Arch, it is 5 years.

One should have completed 12th standard with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks to be eligible for all these courses.

Some Institutes will give admission through Entrance Exam like NATA, CEED and CEPT.

Most of the Institutes will give direct admission to these courses just on the basis of percentage of marks scored in 10+2.

My suggestion would be to get admission in reputed Institutes by cracking the Entrance Exam.
18th May 2020, 05:25 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Post Re: Which all subject combination is required in 12th to do a course in Interior Designing?

The main subjects included in Interior designing are - Research Strategies, Architecture, CAD, Illustration, Drawing, Rendering, Layouts, Photography, Design Process, besides, Presentation and Communication skills

Any streams students with any of subjects he/she would have studied in class 12th can apply in Interior designing course . Creativity and Aptitude for Interior Designing (like colour-combination skills etc )are two foremost things required in this field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?